Why is Microsoft providing wrong codebase updates for an Intel based cpu machine running Microsoft Windows Professional 10 and acting like a virus?

Microsoft Windows Professional 10 was using a 64 bit intel chip was downloading only AMD64 updates. I am still receiving these in reference to 1809 update and have to reboot into safe mode and remove the contents of the directory every time the delay ticker is met to stop a 16 hour update cycle with a 52% install and the a forced return to the previous version as the update is trying to apply AMD code to my windows installation on an Intel 64bit processor. Does anyone have a hack on this ticker to reset it at startup to zero so the delay stays in force?

Question Info

Last updated September 4, 2019 Views 516 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I have been having circular conversations with Symantec Enterprise which resulted in a telephone call in which the matter was referred back to Norton In a telephone conversation from Symantec ...03303471 in reference to my chat and provide references 38786860 ,Tracking Number:43233231, Tracking Number:43233227. Telephone number +44 020 7616 5600. passed to Level 2 Team connected at 51:54 into conversation 2:20pmGMT. Agreed to Connect at 1hr, 2:30pmGMT.

Level 2 Team

Hello Hentry,

Said that "Microsoft is intentionally placing these wrong codes onto my computer." It is not a virus  A full forensic Virus cheeks was undertaken with no virus being found  .  I suggest that Microsoft they contact Norton directly.

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have been in contact with Microsoft Reading today having informed the supervisor that I have visited this site and found them very helpful.

I spoke to a supervisor Jillses who informed me that these Windows updates cannot be stopped and deploy exactly the same code to every computer connected to the internet. He went on to say that the reason why he thought my updates was failing was because of the Gigabyte Bios, which he said did not provide the correct information . I explained that if I considered this correct then why was the update service able to provide updates in 2018 and one year later it was not possible that any of these updates according to him would install. I was told I should contact Gigabyte and ask for an update. I feel that if this was as Jilses had instructed the real reason that no updates would have worked in 2018 let alone 2019 , but yet they worked in 2018 well after my bios date which he said is of relevance. I asked why Microsoft was not checking for this before deploying code which they knew would not function on the computers it was being sent out too. He said this was not possible to do.

"I explained that this was possible in the past so why are developers not writing it into the latest update. Informed that Microsoft should not be sending out updates that it knew would not work."

" I explained that Microsoft stance seem appeared as if it was writing  a bespoke virus that would replicate, insert code which they knew would not work, and not be able to be disabled."

He said he could not provide an on/off switch for these updates and would not act in regard to the stop and desist order served on them. I am quite appalled that a generic  bespoke virus like  or malware like software could be written by Microsoft that would not be able to be removed by antivirus software.

No wonder so many people are complaining these updates dont work now at least you know why .

1 person was helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

I have contacted Gigabyte to ask them about this motherboard ticket 707757 here: https://esupport.gigabyte.com/Default/#list

Sorry this didn't help.

No, not legal, that's for sure.

Yes, it is fun watching you work so hard for a non-issue as people have tried to explain to you. But alas you refuse to listen to those that know the difference between X86 and AMD64 and what it really means. Definitely not what you mistakenly believe.

Oh well. Enjoy your hunt.

Sorry this didn't help.

No, not legal, that's for sure.

Yes, it is fun watching you work so hard for a non-issue as people have tried to explain to you. But alas you refuse to listen to those that know the difference between X86 and AMD64 and what it really means. Definitely not what you mistakenly believe.

Oh well. Enjoy your hunt.

LostInLiesAndDrama . Please find me an article and tech note that states equivocally that AMD64 binary code will run on an Intel x64 based PC?

Personally I believe in January this year a decision was taken to not support Intel and only support AMD? This is why so many people are experiencing real hardship and loss of working hours from this tortuous  code WSUS:wuauserv.

I really do not understand why Jillses in Reading would inform me that it is correct and reasonable to send this same identical insertion of files to every computer connected to the Internet knowing that at least some of the recipients would experience failures from trying to install it as it was not cherry picked for their computer but dumped / inserted on mass there .

Could you tell me how munch storage this is wasting on the total number of computers connected to the net considering every users connected to the web is loosing 0.5 Gigabyte?
328 million devices being connected to the internet each month. src: https://propertyupdate.com.au/many-devices-connected-internet-infographic/ Then according to this data in one month 164 Million Gigabtye of storage is being exploited for this misadventure? 

If this is optional to install these files and cause these problems of a 16 hour install and a 16 hour uninstall what is the pony of this idiocy? Then why is Microsoft popping up windows which you cant exit enforcing you to update and take this  path which will render your hardware non usable for the near future?

You seem to be following this so as you think people from this organization are correct and have more experience than myself. If this is all correct as you believe all this from Microsoft Employees, then why can this service not be terminated with a Microsoft technote procedure : SC DELETE “ServiceName” binPath= “C:\Program Files (x86)\XXX\ServiceName.exe -c Service.config” or by simply executing SC Delete wuauserv. This is after all a standard Microsoft Instruction run in an Admin shell.  You will note It  was confirmed with Cril Y that this was correct to delete and remove any service.  It follows then that this service is different than any other service  Do you not ask yourself why? 

3 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

As many already explain amd64 is generic industrial name (originally developed by AMD) for instruction set used on Intel and AMD on their 64 bit processors.

Read more from here:

https://www.quora.com/What-is-X86-X64-X86-64-AMD64-and-Intel64-Whats-the-difference-between-them

"If I let the system install it runs to 52% and then fails and undoes the entire update. returning the computer to the same as it was before the update."

Obviously you have some issues on your PC (which is not related to any "wrong code base").

See this thread for instructions by DaveM121 how to update manually or, in worst case, how to do clean install.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-version-1803-to-version-1903/81fc59a5-1ecb-45a8-a9b1-c199ab21917a

Update = Replace old bugs with new ones.

Sorry this didn't help.

As many already explain amd64 is generic industrial name (originally developed by AMD) for instruction set used on Intel and AMD on their 64 bit processors ...

It seems that amd64 is not the OP's real problem, unfortunately, so it's probably better to just leave them be until they get tired of posting.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not affiliated in any way with Directly or their Independent Advisors.

Sorry this didn't help.

case number: 1472209067

Well thank you but

After contacting Microsoft by telephone and awaiting since January 2019 to get an update and being told by Microsoft UK Readying was that it was my hardware and the lack of an updated bios  despite this working from before January.  I thought I would try running and update again a enough time had past for Microsoft to rewrite the whole update system Sadly while trying to update it still gets to 60 % then reboots with a message  "Could not install all of the components"  only to uninstall yet again .

Why are we wasting time with this Windows Update has Microsoft forgotten how to write proper code? It seems to me it has and is no longer employing anyone who can write proper code.

Now please bear in mind I just downloaded the latest drivers for my graphics card  from Nvidia yesterday so why is Microsoft saying it needs updating when the Nvidia system states its up-to-date then oddly stating it failed:

Am I to believe Microsoft knows something the card manufacturer doesn't. There has been no reply from Gigabyte who I contacted in relation to Microsoft Readings comments blaming their hardware system bios  for this failure to update. I do not need to do a clean install as my system ids quite clean as described by Norton Tech who conducted forensic testing. I have to wonder why to are repeating this rubbish that even Microsoft Reading disagrees with. I was told that Microsoft server dumps this 10 (ten) gigabyte of the same crappy drivers to everyone pc connected to the internet. |Further more when I asked if Microsoft was aware of the misery it was causing as some of these machines was incapable of running his update I was told yes they was aware of this and concluded this was a intentional act .

It is criminal?
WELL I HAVE ASKED MULTIPLE TIMES TO DESTIST AND STOP SENDING THESE FILES TO MY COMPUTER. YOU JHHAVE TRIED NUMEROUS OPERATIONS TO STOP UPDATES ALL WHICH ARE REINSTRODUCED WHEN MICROSOFT OFFICE HAS TO REPAIR ITSELF. YES, PLEASE DESIST SENDING ME THESE UPDATES AND PROVIDE A ROUTER PORT AND ADDRESS THAT I CAN BLOCK IN MY ROUTER

Furthermore how can it be  that the update states Its up-to-date knowing the history states everything failed

"Surely this 10 Gigabyte on 328 million computers accessing the internet in a month[1] is a complete waste of this storage. This equates to 3,280 million Gigabytes of shared storage misused per month its quite staggering"

[1]https://propertyupdate.com.au/many-devices-connected-internet-infographic/

Sorry this didn't help.

"Despite informing Microsoft to decist sending me these updates today it has re-enabled its virus again! Why? "

"Now forgive me but does this not state disabled next to it ?"

Now if this is not bad enough and indicative of a bug that Microsoft is not fixing in its virus WSUS: msaeserv. It states quite clearly on this page under description

"Now it seem to state to me that if it is disabled, users of this computer will not be able to use Windows Update or its automatic updating feature, and programs will not be able to use the Windows Update Agent (WUA) API. Now is this not clear enough that it can be turned off permanently. Why Is Microsoft turning it back on without my permission. I have revoked all permission from Microsoft making automatic changes"

Sorry this didn't help.

"Why then if i delete the SoftwareDistribution folder from my own computer does the virus put there by Microsoft on reboot insert a folder  on my private computer illegally using my internet service to deliver and insert its malware which Microsoft has stated "will not run on my computer" and knows fully that it was working in January this year."

Wiki definition of a computer virus:

A computer virus is a type of malicious software that, when executed, replicates itself by modifying other computer programs and inserting its own code.[1]" This is exactly the behavior of WSUS:wuauserv"

[1] src : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_virus

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.