why is 2004 windows update not available to me?

I have windows 10 1909 installed.  everytime I check for updates using windows update the system is not making the 2004 update available to me. How can I get the update?

thanks,

Answer
Answer
Hi Steve

As BulldogXX has explained these feature updates take time to be spread around the world and indeed there are many bugs being reported in version 2004, so I would not be too hasty trying to install that update, until it is stable . . .

If you do still want to update to version 2004, click the link below, then click 'Update Now' on that page to immediately get 2004 and bring your PC right up to date

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

5 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

The best way to get the update is to wait for it to come to you. In that way, you are taking advantage of Microsoft's process for checking updates for problems.

There are more than 1 billion devices currently running Windows 10. Even a company as big as Microsoft doesn't have enough bandwidth to send out a billion updates at one time.

Instead, updates are sent out to large groups of computers, one group at a time. Then, Microsoft uses its telemetry, and customer feedback, to determine how the update is affecting computers and what bugs need to be fixed. It can take weeks or even months for all computers to get updated, so you may as well sit tight.

Speaking of bugs, what's your rush to get the new feature update? Every major upgrade to a project so vast and complex as Windows is going to have bugs. That's inevitable, and it happens every time.

That's why savvy users know to wait at least three months for professional testers, network administrators, hardware manufacturers, software developers and tech journalists to discover these early bugs and report them to Microsoft, which gives Microsoft an opportunity to fix them. Then it's time for you and me to get the new version. Waiting has been conventional wisdom for many years.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Just an ordinary guy, with no fancy titles or boasts, who can't get enough of technology.

20 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 24, 2020 Views 11,113 Applies to: