Why do I get Event Log error messages about server issues? I am but ONE.

And when Help and Support tells me how to configure some thing, how do I know if I even need this? Simple...

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

I would appreciate if you can provide few more information related to the Event log error messages:

1)      What is the exact error message that you receive?

2)      Do you receive these error messages while using a particular application on the computer?

3)      Did you check for these error messages under Event Viewer?

For reference, you can refer to the link to locate event logs error messages:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows7/what-information-appears-in-event-logs-event-viewer

Please get back to us with more information to troubleshoot the issue better.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I would appreciate if you can provide few more information related to the Event log error messages:

2)      Do you receive these error messages while using a particular application on the computer?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows7/what-information-appears-in-event-logs-event-viewer

getting same and I am getting locked out of everytime..unable to change anything and firewall has shut down

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Robie,

What is the exact error message that you receive? When do you receive them?

You can also refer to the link mentioned in the previous response in response to the error messages.

Please provide few more information to troubleshoot the issue better.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I keep getting an error message (OX800CCC79) and it refers to SMTP port 25. I would like to get this off my computer. I can't find the exact message it refers to (and I don't care). I just want to eliminate this error message and have my installation corrected if possible. Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Are you using Windows Live mail or any other live mail application on the computer?

This error message could be related to Windows Live mail application.

Please provide few more information related to the issue.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I get the error message every time I go to send or receive messages. It says my program was not installed properly (I have had it 2 years) and the error message is 0x800CCC79 and it refers to outgoing SMTP-server.roadrunner.com and port no. 25. when I called Microsoft they say they are no longer supporting windows 7. All I want to do is get that error message off my screen. Or preferably correcting the problem.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. Type System Information in the Search Box above the start Button and press the ENTER key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload to your Sky Drive, share with everyone and post a link here. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode.

Please upload and share with everyone copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your Sky Drive and post a link here.

To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files.

For help with Sky Drive see paragraph 9.3:
http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

Gerry
Stourport-on-Severn, Worcestershire, England
Enquire Plan Execute

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey folks, I am pleased that so many of you are offering your time and knowledge. I now believe that after enduring customer support and numerous remote access sessions with TECH support from Microsoft, -non of which satisfied my PC's needs-, that I am now and have always been the only party interested in and capable of repairing my ill PC. After months (about 7.5 long months) of remote access sessions with TECH support, that eventually was elevated to some level that brought in the team that was going to do that which all previous TECH's could not do. OK, here it comes. Around mid-late Oct. 2012, after moving to a new town was forced to sign up with a new cable, phone, and internet service provider armed with bad intent, appalling communication skills, and a computer wrecking offer masked as  a year of free anti-virus program. This national, cable, voice, and ISP reeled me in with this wonderful promotion that would include a free wireless modem, and a $100.00 gift card. Well ten months later I still have seen no gift card and am paying $7.95 every month to rent their modem. They refuse to honor the deal and just offered another gift card promotion,(slap to my face) that I am sure they had no intention of honoring. So CRASH went my first PC, a Dell Inspiron 560 desktop. Well, not knowing what to do I called Microsoft and immediately was being comforted by the words of knowledgeable, TRAINED TECHNICIANS. Well, I learned after I was sold services and Windows 7 Home Premium replacement discs, that my PC came not only with pre-installed Win 7 HP, but also with an partition containing a factory restore. Did not need the discs. Huh? So now, three months after the crime... Sorry, I mean after they closed my case, (telling me I would have to get help from Dell, already paid Microsoft, should not have to also pay Dell), I dug, and dug, and did what Microsoft could not or would not do. I fixed my own PC, thank you very little... So I was customer cared for or serviced ,which ever you prefer, and was left/forced to deal with this induced nightmare alone. I Will Leave the Community at large my thanks for the helpful concern and feed back, which leaves me with a somewhat regretful goodbye. You the, unpaid community are concerned about the help you might be able to impart, while others only see the possible profit to be made exploiting the ignorance of disabled and budgeted marks such as myself. Problem solved, I fixed my PC solo and, Microsoft still got their ILL GOTTEN GAINS. Careful everybody, help can be harmful too...Peace and Better Business for all.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I thank you for your concern and all of the help that might have been. Alas, I have prevailed in my struggle/education to find solutions and fix my PC. If nothing else I have found out that my problem solving skills not only surprised myself, but exceeded beyond Microsoft TECH SUPPORT. Again, thank you and to all who might help and not exploit. Peace and Better Business for the little guy's  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I thank you for your concern and all of the help that might have been. Alas, I have prevailed in my struggle/education to find solutions and fix my PC. If nothing else I have found out that my problem solving skills not only surprised myself, but exceeded beyond Microsoft TECH SUPPORT. Again, thank you and to all who might help and not exploit. Peace and Better Business for the little guy's  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated March 14, 2018 Views 165 Applies to: