why cant i load older version games?

after buying a new computer the acer predator, i cannot load a windows xp/2000 game (pirates of the caribbean) .

how do i modify the setting ? because i went to ask people they said i need to change it to service pack 3 but i just dont know how ! Please help .

Answer
Answer

If you have Windows 7 64 bit and the game is 16 bit (check with the game maker) you won't be able to install it. You can install most 32 bit games in 62 bit.

Troubleshoot Compatibility and Administrative Permissions

Do you have the newest version of the software? Some older programs/versions may not work in Windows 7.

If not check with the program maker if they have any updates or patches for the software.

Windows 7 Compatibility Center to check program compatibility:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/compatibility/windows-7/en-us/default.aspx

Troubleshoot Compatibility

This can help with some (but not all) programs:

1) Uninstall the program if it's already installed. Then when you install/reinstall it instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Troubleshoot Compatibility"

2) Then click "Try Recommended Settings" and in the next windows click "Start the Program" to install it.

3) After it installs see if it works correctly. Please note - some programs may not be able to run in windows 7.

More details about how to make older programs run in this version of Windows:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Make-older-programs-run-in-this-version-of-Windows

If Troubleshooting Compatibility doesn't work the program might require administrative permissions to function:

If the program is not installed:

Instead of double clicking on the install file right click it and select "Run as Administrator"

If the program is already installed:

In the All Programs list in the Start menu, right-click the program that you are troubleshooting, and then click Run as Administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, then click Continue. If the program now runs correctly, the program requires administrative permissions to function.

MCC 2011

TrekDozer

Sharing bits of knowledge.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 27, 2018 Views 160 Applies to: