WHY can't i install now.. i could just before reinstalling clean/fresh OS

1st critical problem is:

What the hell has MS done to Windows now...

Everything was ok, 2 days ago, just before I did a complete wipe and reinstall of W10 x64 off my USB, the same way I have always done it.

I could install things as I wanted...

After the new/fresh install finished, I did the available updates, just 6 I believe.

Now, I can't install basic things, like my old email program

because...

This app has been blocked for your protection.

An administrator has blocked you from running this app. For more info.. blah blah.

I HAVE WIPED AND INSTALLED FRESH 5 TIMES IN 2 DAYS,

each time there is some screwy thing happening that did not on the previous try.

PHAUUCK THIS.

I CAN'T GET MORE PISSED OFF OVER SOMETHING.

I HAVE THIS URGE TO GO PUNCH KITTENS NOW.

Everything worked ok with previous wipe/reinstalls, so what did MS do this time to totally screw up my week?

2nd Stupendously YUGE Blond-haired FAT Piggy in DC problem is:

I use old email called Eudora Pro 7.1.0.9... the final release version.

After logging in as admin, never needed to do this before...

It got installed, but not without ridiculous problems MS seems to have caused...

There should be 2 install folders,

C:\Program Files (x86)\Qualcomm\Eudora

and another under

C:\Users\MY USER NAME\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ blah blah

but this one doesnt exist now as it should, as the last 20 times I have done it.

THIS ALONE is enough to make me switch to some other OS for my home pc...

i'm glad that i paid all my bills before starting this ****...

The ONE and ONLY thing that I can think of that is screwing with my life is...

Last month I updated my account login email with MS because the old is dead, and since then it keeps telling me there is a problem with some security thing.

It says it will be that way until Aug 23.. I guess that is a month after I made the change...

HOW CAN THIS POSSIBLY affect my windows installation..

I don't know how I am going to get notified when/IF someone replies with a fix.. can't get to my email!!

version installed at this moment is: 10.0.18363

-----------

update.. installed the 2004 option and Eeehhhhdddgggee... edge.  and this site still thinks i should install Eeehhhhdddgggee again.

I got eudora to install, it had a yellow banner from windows to it.. caution i guess...

cant send or receive email.

i am guessing some new thing with 2004 is port blocking it.. no idea where to tell it this is ok..

it should be ok, has always been ok.. but nnnnnnNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOooooo MS thinks it knows best by blocking this old software.

MS just loves to control you.

==================

update day 3..

i at least discovered that this is probably a root certificates issue.

Eudora uses an old list, and now probably is being blocked because it is not using more current encryption.

these are key files apparently that need updating.. but how, no one supports this.

libeay32.dll
ssleay32.dll
QCSSL.dll
rootcerts.p7b

After a shutdown and restart, I then got a notice from Eudora that it's broke and it shutdown with crash dump file.

it is dead now, thanks MS.

Question Info

Last updated November 10, 2020 Views 32 Applies to: