Why am I suddenly getting Error: Event ID 7030 Interactive Services?

Hi, all. I'll get to it:

Windows 7 64bit

We have a program that runs on startup. On this particular 64bit machine, it fails on startup with the error message "XXXX has encountered an error and will now exit. Please contact your administrator."

Starting the program manually generates the same error.

The fix I've seen thrown around is to go into Services > XXXXService properties > Log On tab > Uncheck "Allow service to interact with desktop" and reboot.

This solution A) doesn't work for me and B) won't work in our environment even if it did stop the error.

We've never gotten this error before with any service. This software is on almost all 32bit machines and on three or four 64bit machines. I've never seen this before. I've never messed with any interactive services options or settings. I haven't installed anything out of the ordinary on this machine that I know of.

So where does this error come from? What could have caused it to start popping up on this machine when it has never come up on any machine before? If anyone knows where I can start looking, I'd appreciate you saving me who knows how many hours of the digging I'll need to do or reinstalling. Event in log follows:

Error
Source: Service Control Manager
Event ID: 7030

XXXX service is marked as an interactive service. However, the system is configured to not allow interactive services. This service may not function properly.

Thanks for your time!
Answer
Answer

Hello Joe,

Thank you for approaching Microsoft Community for assistance.

-          Does the computer connected to a Domain network?

If so, then the right place for you to contact is TehNet support. I would suggest you to TechNet support for more information regarding the issue.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/newthread?category=&forum=winserverManagement

I hope this helps you to get the issue resolved. If you have any other issues with Windows in future, please do post it in Microsoft Community. We would be happy to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 5, 2024 Views 5,283 Applies to: