Why am I constantly being kicked out of games?

I received this brand new computer today.  I play a lot of games and have been playing them for quite some time.  When I play a game now I get booted out after a few minutes and see three small screens. I have to go back into the game by clicking on the icon at the bottom of the screen. The only buttons I am clicking are the mouse buttons.

Please help. I don't know if I've bought a piece of junk. Also, the text size on the screen changes rapidly as I touch the mouse.  I have no idea what I am doing wrong.  It just did it again! And I just got a message telling me I was about to leave without sending this message. I didn't click on any key to leave!!!

Answer
Answer

What do the three small screens say when the game crashes?

Is this a laptop or desktop PC? What make and model?

When you say "touch the mouse", is this a "real" mouse or a touchpad on a laptop? If the text size is changing, it sounds like you may be pressing the CTRL key and touching the scroll area of the touchpad.

If this is a "brand new" PC and not just a "new to me" PC, contact the manufacturer or the place you bought it and see if they have any suggestions. If it is a defective computer, you'll want to do that so they'll have records of you complaining about it, just in case you have to return it. You don't want to wait too long, or they'll always find a way to say it's your fault.

If it's brand new out of the box, double-check that you didn't inadvertently leave a piece of packing on/in it somewhere that it's blocking air flow; the most common reason for some of the behavior you're seeing is overheating.

SC Tom

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 22, 2024 Views 3,363 Applies to: