whiteboard.microsoft.com gives error AADSTS50020: User account *** from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist.

When trying to log into whiteboard.microsoft.com I get the following error:

Sorry, but we’re having trouble with signing you in.

AADSTS50020: User account '*** Email address is removed for privacy ***' from identity provider 'live.com' does not exist in tenant 'Microsoft Services' and cannot access the application '95de633a-083e-42f5-b444-a4295d8e9314'(Microsoft Whiteboard Services) in that tenant. The account needs to be added as an external user in the tenant first. Sign out and sign in again with a different Azure Active Directory user account

I can successfully log into Whiteboard from Windows using my Surface Book 2, so why can't I log into the website?

Right now, my options are:

• Start using Google Jamboard instead of Microsoft Whiteboard.
  • Try to cover my needs with OneNote (but the single level of pressure, not being being able to correct paths, and the inability to copy-paste compositions feel like a step backwards...)

Hope you can help me finding a solution.

Hi - I saw the answer from a different Q&A forum--the web version only works for work or school Office 365 accounts.

3 Votes" 3
msrini-MSFT answered · Jan 02 at 5:00 AM BEST ANSWERACCEPTED ANSWER

Hi, 

To use the Windows 10 or iOS apps, you must sign in with a Microsoft account (Outlook, Hotmail, Live, Xbox, etc.) or an Office 365 account (personal, work, or school). To use the web app, you must sign in with a work or school Office 365 account (after your administrator has enabled the service).

You need to work with your administrator to add your live ID to the tenant and enable the service. Or as an alternative, try the Windows 10 or iOS app to log in using your Live ID.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/4227/cant-sign-in-microsoft-whiteboard-gives-big-error.html

9 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Cant Microsoft update the message to say that, instead of giving heart attacks. Healthcare is pretty expensive

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated December 18, 2021 Views 3,413 Applies to: