White box in the middle of the lock screen

I have just updated to Windows 10 on my desktop, everything works fine except when i wake my computer after i left it idle for some time, I get this white box in the middle of the lock screen, and it disappears when i hit enter and it goes to desktop. that is the only time it appears and its really annoying. if you guys could help me i would really appreciate it 

the thing looks like this: (sorry I took it with my phone)

Answer
Answer

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to update your display drivers and check.

Go to your manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers and check. We can also run the SFC scan to check if this issue is caused by a corrupted system setting file.

Perform an SFC (System File Checker) scan on your system for any corrupted file settings.

1. Press Windows + X on your keyboard.
  2. Select Command prompt admin.
  3. At the command prompt type “sfc /scannow” (no quotes), and then press ENTER.

Note: Do not close this Command Prompt window until the verification is 100% complete. The scan results will be shown after this process is finished.

If the issue persist, perform a clean boot to check if any third party applications are interfering with the system.

Boot your computer in a clean boot state.

Refer this link: https: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Reset the computer back to Normal Mode once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" from the same article.

Hope this helps. Get back to us for further queries on the issue above. We are happy to help!

Thanks & Regards
Joy

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 26, 2024 Views 670 Applies to: