White bar covering the top portion of my Main monitor screen

An odd bug is happening to me on my main monitor. I currently have two monitors and whenever I open a tab that's already maximized, it has this wide white/transparent bar at the top that make it impossible to use some apps. I have a work around this, when I Press F11 to fullscreen it (it still has the white bar at fullscreen) and press F11 again, it fixes itself. However, this only seems to work on google chrome so far. What's odd is it only happens to some apps and only on my main monitor. My second monitor does not have this issue whatsoever. I've never had this problem before around this weekend. 

https://gyazo.com/354d43ad9824f6b5a469a0ca03121987

***Modified title from: Windows 10 odd fullscreen bug***

Answer
Answer

Hi Pablo,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We can imagine how difficult it could be and we truly appreciate for the details, time and effort that you have taken to work on this issue. However, we would need some more information regarding the issue.

1. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?

2. In which applications you are facing this issue?

3. What is the version of Windows installed on your computer? (To check, refer the article Which Windows operating system am I running?)

I would suggests you to follow these methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Change the Resolution setting.

• Press Windows & I key together on your keyboard to open Windows Settings and select System.

• Click Display to open display settings.

• Under Resolution section, select different smaller resolution and apply it.

• Now revert it back to normal resolution settings.

Method 2: Change the Graphic Card settings.

If you are using Intel graphic card, refer the following suggestions.

1. Right click Desktop.

2. Go to Intel HD Graphics settings.

3. Now, select Display.

4. Then choose the option Scale Full Screen.

5. Make sure the option Override Application Settings has the checkbox marked.

Method 3: Update the Display driver.

I would suggest you to install the latest display driver from the device manager. Refer the Microsoft article on Update drivers in Windows 10.  You can also install the display drivers from the manufacturer website.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Regards,

Roohi Taj S 

Microsoft Community - Moderator 

28 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 24, 2020 Views 14,152 Applies to: