Where can I get a Windows 7 ISO?

I wanted to install Windows 7 on an old/retro PC build. for nostalgic reasons. Yes, I know the security risks, I won't put any important stuff on the PC, just want to get the feel of Windows 7 again. It has special place in my heart :)

Thanks in advance :)

The only legitimate method of obtaining a Windows 7 ISO of which I'm aware is using the download tool available at

The only version still available is from August 2018. From the Heidoc support forum:

• "The Aug 2018 Win7 downloads are "standalone" edition downloads (only come with Home Premium, Pro & Ultimate as separate editions and not bundled together) that include IE11 & .NET 4.7.2 but are available in US English language only.  all post sp1 updates except the big KB3125574 rollup update are included."

-----
LemP
Volunteer Moderator
MS MVP (Windows Desktop Experience) 2006-2009
Microsoft Community Contributor (MCC) 2011-2012

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I wanted to install Windows 7 on an old/retro PC build. for nostalgic reasons. Yes, I know the security risks, I won't put any important stuff on the PC, just want to get the feel of Windows 7 again. It has special place in my heart :)

Thanks in advance :)

That won't be a legitimate install if you don't have the correct Windows 7 product key for it!

1. Windows 7 does not come for free; you have to buy it.

Microsoft no longer sells it and I can not recommend anywhere that is safe to buy 7 from.

2. You would have also had to have made sure that your computer manufacturer supported Windows 7 and supplied Windows 7 drivers on the exact model number you wanted to install 7 on for it to install and work correctly.

Warning:

You do not buy a Product Key by itself, as they are normally stolen/pirated, Volume Licenses which are not for private use, or MSDN keys which are not to be sold by the original subscription holder.

Make sure that you buy the complete sealed package (DVD, license)

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/howtotell/Shop.aspx

Read Section: Beware of Product Keys sold separately.

Bill Smithers - Microsoft MVP July 2013 - Dec 2020

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There are so many versions of Windows 7 that makes it hard to find the right match is brutal

Computers are useless, all they have are answers - Pablo Picasso

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 12, 2024 Views 12,266 Applies to: