Where can I find an email program

Hi 

I am new here and need help moving my email and addresses from Outlook Express in XP to Windows 8 Pro,  I have email in folders dated by year back to 1999 and would like to be able to read and use them within an email program that can receive my mail and send email.

Thanks
God bless
Jim
Answer
Answer

Hello Jim,

If you want to use the Mail app that comes with Windows 8 and are willing to switch to a new email account, you can stop using your previous account and start using a web-based email account like Outlook.com, or Yahoo!. If messages from your original account are saved on your PC and you want to get to them in the new account, you can sign up for an Outlook.com account and then use the Mail Migration add-on to add them. Once you’ve moved to the new web-based account, you can add that account to the Mail app

Alternately you may also setup an Outlook.com account and import your existing mail (Mail Migration add-on) and continue using your existing email account by setting Outlook.com to Send and receive email from another account.. Adding the Outlook.com account to the Mail app in this scenario will allow you to send and receive email from your existing account via the Outlook.com account. Steps for setting up a default email account to send email from the Mail app via Outlook.com is available in the “How do I send an email from an Outlook.com alias?” portion of the Mail app for Windows: FAQs .

The FAQ also includes steps for setting up email accounts in the Mail app.

Mark

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2020 Views 399 Applies to: