WHERE can I find all Microsoft icons and their related meaning?

I would like a copy of an illustration of all Microsoft icons as well as their meaning.  Does anyone know where I might find something like this?  I would think they would be listed some where on a Microsoft website but I have not found them as of yet.

Hi,

To better assist you, kindly provide us the following information:

• What are programs and applications are you trying to find?
  • Kindly provide us the reason why you need the list of all Microsoft programs and their icons?
  • Are you only looking the programs installed in Windows 10?

Looking forward to your reply.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

A very hard thing to find, but i did find a web page that explains most of the icons and includes videos of navigating your way through the new Windows 10 interface, it is titled Windows Taskbar, but it explains a whole lot more than that - Click HERE

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I am speaking of the Microsoft icons contained and used in Windows 10 and Office365.

I really should not have to explain why I want them but I will even though this question should not have been asked.  The reason is because I often write HOW TO pieces and when doing so would like to include the same icon shown in from Microsoft when I search HELP or SUPPORT from them.  In trying to copy the replies I get when I hit F1 from a program contained in my system which is Windows 10 and Office365, the icons will not copy and show up and thus if I have them available from their location within the program on my system I should then be able to copy them and input them into the dialog I am creating.

Now that I have answered your questions, will you please provide me with the location where I can find these icons? 

Thank you!

Temporary User 0101
The Old Man, or rather Ancient One
Commit one random act of kindness each day for a better life!

8 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Dave thanks for the attempt.  I just went through it and I may have missed them but I did not see a listing anywhere of the icons.  Oh well!  Thanks anyway!  I just don't understand Microsoft as a company.  They write a program and they use icons to illustrate certain things but then no where do they make a listing available so users can copy the icons and use them.  On top of that, they write HELP sections for how to do things in their programs and in the help sections they use icons that cannot be copied and pasted into their own programs.  What is up with that stuff anyway? 

Seriously, to be a really great company does not take much more effort than to be a half-fast (SP hehe) company so why not use the extra effort and be a great company especially when said company is already so hated by so many because of their past reputation.  Oh well the world keeps on spinning!

Temporary User 0101
The Old Man, or rather Ancient One
Commit one random act of kindness each day for a better life!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Take a screen shot (Alt-PrtScn) of the icons and using Paint you can crop the pictures of the icons you want. Then you can use those into your documents.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Not an answers it just might be that the icon's are trademark and MS doesn't what others using them, this is just my opinion, but it would be great to find out.  
I'm a unpaid independent Advisor/volunteer

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, OK now that you have explained more, as in you need the location of the Windows 10 and Office 365 icons for your work, I understand what you need.

In Windows, MS Office and most other software the icons and images used in the software are stored inside .exe and .dll files, rather than being stored in a folder somewhere as image files. For example of you want to change the icon for a folder in Windows, you right click it, choose properties and on the customise tab click change Icon - as you can see these icons are stored in shell32.dll  not as image files

As I see it you have 2 options, get a good screen capture tool and take images of the icons - you may be breaking copyright by doing this, so you might need to check that out.

I write a lot of software and what I do is download Icon sets for use in that software.

Google Free Metro Icon Collection, you will probably find the icons you need in these collections, if not, Google specific things like Office 365 icons

For example here is a collection of Sharepoint Icons freely available on the Web

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 6, 2024 Views 10,814 Applies to: