When starting computer Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft) and USB 3.0 root hub missing from device manager.

When starting computer Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft) and USB 3.0 root hub missing from device manager. Sometimes it reappears after I restart the computer. Most of the time it does not reappear in the device manager hence I could not use the USB 3.0 port. The USB 2.0 doesn't have this problem. 

I suspect a recent windows 10 update affected it. I don't have this issue before.

Question Info

Last updated June 13, 2019 Views 6,502 Applies to:

Hi,

One of the main reason why this issue occurs between devices/hardware are due to outdated drivers or the drivers that are currently installed are not fully compatible with Windows 10. We would recommend following the steps provided from this link Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems which will ask you to download the troubleshooter to possibly resolve your concern. We also suggest in making sure that the device/hardware is connected properly and the drivers for the device/hardware are properly updated and fully compatible with Windows 10. It would be best to contact the manufacturer for the device/hardware to get the latest driver that is fully compatible with Windows 10.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have used the troubleshooter and the troubleshooter did not detect anything unusual. I also updated online both the USB 3.0 root hub and renesas xtensible controller 0.96 microsoft 3.0 driver in device manager. The device manager said the latest drivers are installed.

The problem still persist. Sometimes it will start after a computer restart but most of the time it won't. In the hidden devices when I checked/ticked it I saw both the drivers but grey marking i.e. it is there but did not start.

Sorry this didn't help.

We appreciate the response. If the device is connected properly and the drivers are showing as updated, it could be that the drivers are not fully compatible with the newest version of Windows 10. We suggest in contacting the manufacturer for the device to get the latest driver which is fully compatible with Windows 10.

Regards.

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been having this same issue since the last windows 10 update.

I have uninstalled the device and rebooted the pc and then it works for a while before windows disables the device again.

Sorry this didn't help.

yes, the same on my 2 PC Win-Prof.64 and Win-home-64, both on latest updates. Win-Prof. is on BetaInsiderUpdates

Sorry this didn't help.

I did notice with the same error that a registry cleaning programme by IObit.com, namely the "ASC11 (AdvancedSystemCleaner)" is most likely the culprit.

After UNinstall and REinstalling the Renesas driver with the Win10/ControlPanel/Device Mgr. the issue was gone and all the USB-3 drivers incl. Bluetooth (via USB-3) were present again and working fine. 

...well until the next run of ASC11.

Of course, I made IObit aware of the issue.

Hope this is of any help!

Sorry this didn't help.

You can download firmware update here

Renesas Electronics* USB 3.0 Firmware Updates

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/22775/Renesas-Electronics-USB-3-0-Firmware-Updates

·

Sorry this didn't help.

·

Sorry this didn't help.