When I say forgot PIN it asks me for my PIN

I have been having this problem for several days and now that I have upgraded to Windows 11 (which I thought could help), every app I open comes up with “set up your account with windows hello” but I cannot do this without a PIN, which I do not have/know. Every time I try to set up a PIN it asks me for my PIN which I don’t have and I’m going round in circles it’s incredibly frustrating as I cannot use my laptop or any apps.

Hi Evie,

My name is Cindy. I am sorry you are having this problem. I know it is really frustrating. I will do my best to help you with this problem.

Please note: This is a user-to-user community forum. We are users just like you who help others. We are not employees of Microsoft.

I have attached a link below with some things for you to try.

https://appuals.com/your-pin-is-no-longer-avail....

Please let me know if you continue to have a problem.

Cindy

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
Cindy

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 14, 2023 Views 49 Applies to: