whea uncorrectable error bsod

Hi, I get BSOD with whea error all the time when running games. It mostly happens when I'm playing online games that are graphically intense. Here is a minidump file: https://files.catbox.moe/ux3fl9.zip

I have a Ryzen 5 5600x w/ Asus ROG strix b350-f mobo (running latest bios).

Is this a memory, CPU, or motherboard issue? Any help would be appreciated I'm at my wits end with this

Hi,
R. Cord here, Independent Expert. Hope you are doing well.

A "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" BSOD is typically related to hardware issues, and it can be caused by various factors such as failing hardware components, driver problems, and software conflicts. The error message indicates that a hardware error has occurred that the Windows operating system cannot recover from.

Based on the information you provided, the error might be caused by a hardware issue, specifically the CPU or memory. Here are some troubleshooting steps that you can try:

Check the CPU temperature: Overheating can cause the CPU to malfunction and lead to the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. You can use a software tool like HWMonitor to check your CPU temperature.

Test your memory: You can use a tool like MemTest86 to test your memory for errors. This can help you determine if your memory is causing the BSOD.

Check for driver updates: Outdated or corrupt drivers can cause the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. Make sure all your drivers are up to date, including the graphics card driver.

Remove any overclocking: Overclocking can cause instability and lead to the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. If you have overclocked your CPU or memory, try removing the overclock.

Check for BIOS updates: Make sure your motherboard BIOS is up to date. A BIOS update can sometimes fix hardware compatibility issues.

Silver thermal mass is also a great suggestion for CPU or GPU cooling

If none of these steps help, you may want to consider consulting a professional for further assistance.

With Best Regards,
R. Cord

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, I was troubleshooting your minidump files, however I saw error in

PSHED.dll PSHED.dll+10c0 fffff805`72070000 fffff805`7208b000 0x0001b000 0xc81d7731 5/22/2076 11:57:37 AM

ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4f43bb fffff805`6dc00000 fffff805`6ec47000 0x01047000 0x9adc6fbf 5/1/2052 12:56:31 AM

The PSHED.dll file is related to the Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver, which is responsible for handling hardware error conditions in Windows. The ntoskrnl.exe file, on the other hand, is a core component of the Windows operating system and is responsible for managing system resources and providing various services to other system components.
The specific memory addresses where these files are loaded and the associated timestamps suggest that the error occurred in the future, which is not possible. It is possible that this is a result of a system clock issue, or it could be a false positive.

To resolve this issue, you may want to try updating your system drivers and performing a malware scan to ensure that your system is not infected. Additionally, you can try performing a system restore to a previous restore point or a clean install of Windows to rule out any software-related issues.

you can try also:

sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

5 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I made sure my system clock was synced. Malware scan didn't find anything. Windows is up to date. GPU driver is up to date. I downloaded AMD chipset driver so I believe my CPU driver is up to date. I ran DISM and SFC. Still getting WHEA consistently. Not sure if this info helps but it seems to happen every time a game of naraka ends and I go back to the lobby. But it does happen with other games as well just not as consistently. I am running a b350 motherboard which I know is older and the issue seemed to come about soon after I upgraded to ryzen 5 5600x and installed an m.2 drive which was ~5 months ago. Do you think upgrading to a b550 motherboard would fix the issue?

Here are more minidumps: https://files.catbox.moe/c4aixr.zip

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

I saw again the minidump, and seems it the same error
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR with the error code 0x00000124

One potential cause of the error that you mentioned is the motherboard. The B350 chipset was released for the first generation Ryzen processors and it's possible that it may not be fully compatible with your Ryzen 5 5600x CPU. Upgrading to a newer B550 motherboard that is compatible with your CPU may help resolve the issue if the current motherboard is causing the problem.

Before you go ahead with the motherboard upgrade, you can try some other troubleshooting steps to narrow down the issue:
Check your CPU temperature and ensure it's not overheating during gameplay. You can use software such as HWMonitor to monitor the CPU temperature.
Check your RAM for any errors by running a memory diagnostic tool such as Windows Memory Diagnostic or Memtest86.
Check your power supply unit (PSU) to ensure it's supplying enough power to your components. Make sure it's at least 80 Plus rated and provides enough wattage for your components.

A good suggestion for troubleshooting:

Try running your system in Safe Mode and see if the issue still persists. This will help determine if any third-party software or drivers are causing the issue.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, upgrading to a B550 motherboard that is compatible with your Ryzen 5 5600x CPU may be a good option. Make sure to check the motherboard specifications and compatibility before purchasing.

Best Regards,
R. Cord

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 26, 2024 Views 42,952 Applies to: