What is the BEST Registry Cleaner for Win 7 Ultimate or Pro 64 Bit version OS ?

What is the BEST Registry Cleaner for Win 7  Ultimate or Pro  64 Bit version OS ?

When I search the internet  with that same Question ,,  i get  hundreds of links  and every company says it has the 100%  BEST  Registry Cleaner software  and i bet 99%  are liars !!

Microsoft  really  needs to TEST  all Registry cleaners &  make a list of the Top  5 BEST  software  for many different uses and post that list so  your Customers can  know what is the Best to use to Fix  their PC  problems .

Please !!  be Nice  and help your Customers who have bought and use your Microsoft  software ..  OK ??

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Though I haven't bought it myself, Dell recommends iola. (mispelled, it should be iolo system mechanic as per below post).  I don't know if registry cleaners are as bad as some here say they are, I do know I had a registry cleaner on my XP and was glad for it.  It definitely did speed up the computer, and I noticed no glitches because of it.  However, I'd have to tell you I believe the most likely reason a computer slows down are viruses;  this is what I'm told, over and over again, so it must be true.  If you do buy a registry cleaner, you'll be wise to make sure your system restore feature is running well; that way, if the cleaner does create a glitch, you can restore the computer to just before it happened.  Try to buy a registry cleaner which you can set to create a restore point before it does anything, then make sure you've turned it on before using it.  Then perhaps you can have the best of both worlds, so to speak. Good luck.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Hello ;

I think you meant to say ;

http://www.iolo.com/promo/welcome/sm/?utm_source=cj

iolo   NOT  iola ..

System Mechanic  does help  to keep your PC  running better .

also  CCleaner  is a good FREE  Registry .

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

I also really like  Little Registry Cleaner and it is FREE !

http://sourceforge.net/projects/littlecleaner/

Old guy new to all Win 10 UPGRADES

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

!  lol.  Yes, you are correct; iolo.  I did once use CCleaner but it kept glitching, didn't hurt the computer though.  That was long ago, I'm sure (?) it works better now.

Thanks for the input.  If I ever need a registry cleaner, I won't have to pay for one.   Good deal.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Last Friday my desktop Win7-64 Pro system had a BSOD.  In order to return to Windows, I had to use a System restore.  After that, when I did a CHKDSK /F, I got lots of file corruption.  SFC/SCANNOW also reported I had file corruption.  Finally, I did a scan with the System Update Readiness Tool and it was unable to fix all problems.

Yesterday I did a Repair Install with a Win7-64 SP1 DVD which I had to order from MSFT for $30.  For the last 48 hours I have been trying to fix my system without having to do a full reinstall.  I was told by MSFT support that I had registry corruption and the only way to fix it was a full install which I am not going to do.  They used Tweaking.COM's "Windows Repair (All-in-one) and it didn't work.

So far, I have been unable to do a few Windows Updates.  I am NOT going to do a full reinstall.  Just doing a Windows Repair was unbelievable.  I had to remove my 16 GB RAM and replace it with 2-2GB sticks just to finish.  If I have to, I won't install the failed updates but I will NOT do a full reinstall.

So you see, paying a paltry $50 for the best registry cleaner is well worth it.  The problem is, it will be difficult finding the best one and the general public doesn't feel the same.  Most people would rather just spend a week reinstalling Windows instead of paying a lousy $50.

MSFT did have RegClean for Win98SE long ago but they discontinued it.  Now they have essentially NOTHING.  The registry has become more complex.  This is why, despite MSFT being the RICHEST corporation on the planet, they would rather save their money and just go ahead and let you take a full week reinstalling Windows whenever it happens to crash.  If MSFT really wanted to, they could hire an ARMY of programmers and fix this problem in a month.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's pretty amazing how reg cleaning is totally unnecessary, yet someone like me, a computer professional for 20 years does the following:

1.  buys new windows machine.

2.  installs good anti-virus protection (Eset)

2.  never installs extra or junky software

3.  makes sure it's constantly defragged

and experiences the following:

1.  consistent system slowdowns after 4 hours of runtime

2.  webpages that cause complete system freeze for minutes at a time

3.  random crashes doing completely innocuous things

4.  webpages non-responsive to input

5.  5 solid minutes to go to sleep, with each successive sleep causing additional system glitch

6.  authoritarian updater that unilaterally decides the time my machine will be unresponsive/disabled for 15 minutes at a time.

7.  160.00 bill to fix a busted power line jack

Meanwhile, my wife's beautiful MacBook Pro, bought around the same time, functions absolutely flawlessly, day in and day out.

man, I'm DONE with paying for microsoft operating systems.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

WinASO Registry Optimizer is just as safe as CCleaner, but does a much better of cleaning the registry.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

registry cleaning - when MS found they could not make one, they recommend don't use one !

A Windows 7 Registry that can grow fromm 100k to 500k over 3 months needs looking at.

I have seen programs that that store pictures in the registry! i think half the registry is pictures and if you have to load 500K to get at a byte - waste of time and effort.

Samee Qayum

Samee

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Which planet are you living on?

The absolute minimum size of a Windows 7 registry is over 10MB

The Components hive alone in a fully updated machine can exceed 40MB on disk, so compressed)

The SAM and Security hives are 256KB each

Noel Paton
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi -
No, I don't work for Microsoft!
http://www.crashfixpc.co.uk

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

It's pretty amazing how reg cleaning is totally unnecessary, yet someone like me, a computer professional for 20 years does the following:

1.  buys new windows machine.

2.  installs good anti-virus protection (Eset)

2.  never installs extra or junky software

3.  makes sure it's constantly defragged

and experiences the following:

1.  consistent system slowdowns after 4 hours of runtime

2.  webpages that cause complete system freeze for minutes at a time

3.  random crashes doing completely innocuous things

4.  webpages non-responsive to input

5.  5 solid minutes to go to sleep, with each successive sleep causing additional system glitch

6.  authoritarian updater that unilaterally decides the time my machine will be unresponsive/disabled for 15 minutes at a time.

7.  160.00 bill to fix a busted power line jack

Meanwhile, my wife's beautiful MacBook Pro, bought around the same time, functions absolutely flawlessly, day in and day out.

man, I'm DONE with paying for microsoft operating systems.

Hello,
I fixed my system.  It was the Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory (CML16GX3M4A1600C9).  One stick became defective.  When Win7-64 Pro BSOD'd, it corrupted my Win7-64 registry.  I had to reinstall Windows.  I now test my system about once a week with MemTest86 4.0a (using 3 passes, about 3.5 hours).  Here is a pic of the test results where the above stick fails.

It's been 3 months since your post so I don't know if you have fixed your problem.  However, I recommend everyone download and create a MemTest86 4.2 boot CD and test their RAM.  Here is the MemTest86 4.2 bootable floppy or bootable USB stick which also work if you don't have an optical burner.

I also recommend everyone buy the $35 HD Tune Pro v5 and run the S.M.A.R.T. tests.  Do not run any other HD Tune Pro v5 tests for HDD's larger than 2 TB.  HD Tune Pro v5 is not 100% compatible with HDD's larger than 2 TB.  v5 Pro was updated in Nov 2011 so it appears there will not be any more updates.

I further recommend everyone download and install 3 free Microsoft SysInternals utilities:
1.  Process Explorer which is the most useful for finding system problems.
2.  Process Monitor which is useful for live monitoring of your Windows system.  You cannot leave it running all the time because it can slow your system.
3.  TCPView which is useful for live monitoring of all your 'Net connections.

wjamyers, I don't know if you have already fixed your problem.  If not, you could either have a defective RAM stick, or a program or driver is running which is causing these problems.

Windows 7-64 itself is actually well programmed with few bugs.  It's usually the hardware or 3rd party software makers who cause most of the problems.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Which planet are you living on?

The absolute minimum size of a Windows 7 registry is over 10MB

The Components hive alone in a fully updated machine can exceed 40MB on disk, so compressed)

The SAM and Security hives are 256KB each 

Regardless of which planet Windows users are on, Windows 7-64 Pro can take up far more than 40 MB.  When I backup my Windows 7-64 Pro Registry, each backup takes 147 MB in 10 files across 5 folders.  I now keep 10 backups for safety.  Here are the instructions to keep Win7-64 Registry backups:
---------------------------
ERUNT
ERUNT is a small utility which saves your Windows Registry to a location of your choice. I recommend you save your Registry to a nonWindows occupied partition (other than C:). In the event of a RAM or other hardware failure, your backup Registry is less likely to be corrupted. Should your active Windows Registry be corrupted, you will be forced to reinstall Windows if you do not have a backup. For safety, do not use the install file, just the ZIP'd file erunt.zip. Do NOT use the included NTREGOPT utility. In fact, do NOT use Registry optimizers or compressors of any kind.  I believe they do not work and they are a scam.  In fact, they can make your Windows system worse than it was before.
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

Create a DeskTop shortcut which looks something like this. This will allow you to create as many backups in 1 day as you wish, provided you have enough drive space. Each backup requires >10 MB's up to 180 MB's.  Install into the "Start in" folder & create a D:\ERDNT folder as mentioned below:
Target: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ERUNT\AUTOBACK.EXE" D:\ERDNT\#DATE#-#TIME# sysreg curuser otherusers /noconfirmdelete /alwayscreate /days:10
Start in: "C:\Program Files (x86)\ERUNT"
Shortcut key: CTRL+SHIFT+ALT+A

After you have created >10 backups, AUTOBACK will automatically delete the oldest backup.  Read the included README.TXT file to learn how to perform a Registry restore.  Only use the Registry restoration if you discover your Registry has been corrupted and there is no other option.  If you are short on HDD space, you can reduce the number of backups to automatically keep simply by reducing the /days:10 part to a lower number.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated March 30, 2024 Views 121,439 Applies to: