What is svchost.exe (NetworkService -p), and how do I stop it using all my bandwidth?

I'm probably not the only one who is sick to the back teeth of Windows doing what it wants, when it wants, with no explanation.

I have fairly low bandwidth, so when I'm working the last thing I need is for Windows to decide that now is a good time to hog my entire bandwidth to do something that it gives absolutely no indication as to what it is!

I'm not religious, but I really do pray fro the day there is a viable alternative to this utter **** that Microsoft keep pumping out, because they obviously have no consideration or respect for their paying customers!

|
Hi Shaun

Please understand on Community, we are just users like yourself, helping each other out, not Microsoft employees . . .

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Update and Security - Delivery Optimization

Turn off Delivery Optimization, then click Advanced Options

Pull all the sliders on that page to their minimum values . . .

That should minimize the bandwidth used by Windows 10 . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

39 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Dave

Thanks for the reply. My sliders were already down at 10%, but now they're down at minimum 5% we'll see what happens.

I think the main annoyance has to be that there is no indication as to what the download is for. It's not a Windows or Store update, which may be why the download throttle appears to be ineffective.

16 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 23, 2021 Views 11,384 Applies to: