What is Dritek WMI Service and do I need it for Windows 7?

I am running Windows 7 on an Acer 4810TZ-4508 Thinline.  In my System Configuation, I am eliminating all non-essential start-up programs.  I notced one labeled Dritek WMI Service from Dritek System Inc.

What is is?

Is it necessary for the start-up?

Thanks.
Answer
Answer
Duckman78, close but no cigar I'm afraid.

I would highly recommend leaving this service running in it's default set-up as it controls lmanager.exe (as jem2828 already mentioned). 

This program is included with default OS install on all acer aspire laptops and allows use of their special touch buttons (eg wifi on/off, run NTI BackupNow, Acer E-power Management on/off, and anoth I can't remember). In some aspire models it also allows some limited keyboard customisation.

So in summary, disabling the service / uninstalling launch manager won't affect the OS or they way your laptop runs, BUT if you want all your acer keys to function properly, leave this installed.

Cheers, DC.

Sources: 
Worked as a consultant for several electronics distribution companies not long ago, also I have owned an acer aspire 4810t for around 3 years.

28 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

I was going thru my startup programs as well and ran into the same process running on my Acer Laptop. However, I was using AVG PC Tuneup instead of the TaskManager. AVG listed it as unknown. After reading your question and doing my own search online, I opened Windows Explorer and highlighted: Acer (C:) and typed "Dritek" in the search box. The search came back with the following list:

Dritek Launch Manager (Acer)  -----> C:\OEM\Preload\Autorun\DRV with the subfile applicastions; "LManager.exe", "LMConfig.exe", "LMworker.exe".

So I went to the Acer support website and put in my system info and found this driver support for Dritek. I have placed a link from Acer's support website to help. Good Luck!

http://support.acer.com/us/en/product_support.aspx?tab=1

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated February 15, 2024 Views 160,320 Applies to: