What happened to the Snipping Tool Ruler?

Hello! I just noticed the Snipping Tool Ruler option has disappeared. This allowed me to highlight & draw straight lines after I snip/copy an image. It's missing & I need this reactivated. Is anyone aware of any other options? Not sure why Microsoft has possibly removed this from the Snipping tool. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks!

***Move from Outlook / Windows / Classic Outlook for Windows / For business ***

|
Answer
Answer

Hi Kirito! I couldn't uninstall the old Snipping Tool version. It requires an escalation to our company administrator. Somehow, I was able to install another Snipping Tool app available in the Microsoft Store. The ruler version is working now. YAY!!! I pinned it to my taskbar. THANK YOU once again! :)

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

Hi All

I believe the issue we are all having stems from another application called snip & sketch which included the ruler function. (now merged into snipping tool)

I have found an alternative for creating a straight line within snip tool if this is all you require. if you hold down the SHIFT key as you create the line it will snap at 45 degree increments.

This also applies for the arrow function, the rectangle will retain a square aspect ratio when shift is held.

I hope this helps!

Regards

Ross

25 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 22,304 Applies to: