Welcome screen does not show user name and picture

Original title: Welcome Screen problems

Well i have a Dell Laptop Vostro 3600 and I do not see my picture on the welcome screen is that normal? i fee like there is something wrong with it because it is supposed to show the person's screen name and picture. Can someone please help me

Answer
Answer

Hi Mari2010,

- Are you the only user on the laptop?
- Have you set a password to your user account?

If you have only one user account and haven’t set a password to the same, you wouldn’t see the user name and the picture since Windows would automatically log you in.

However you try and may change the default behavior and check if that enables the welcome screen.

Follow these steps:

a.    Click Start, type “netplwiz” (without double quotes) in the Start search box and hit Enter.

b.    Under “Users” tab, check the "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" option.

c.    Click “Apply” and “OK” to save the settings.

Additionally, if you want the Welcome screen to be displayed, you may create a password to your user account or create another user account on the computer.

Also see Choose a picture for your user account and Start menu

Hope this information helps.

Gokul - Microsoft Support

[If this post was helpful, please click the "Vote as Helpful" (green triangle) button. If it helps in resolving your issue, click "Propose As Answer" or "Mark as Answer" button. By proposing/marking a post as Answered, or Helpful you help others find the answer faster.]

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated November 28, 2019 Views 2,093 Applies to: