web search from microsoft bing (Microsoft Store app) update fails with 0x80073D21

In the Microsoft Store app on Windows 11, I get an update called 'web search from microsoft bing' that consistently fails to install with an error saying something happened on our end. Looking at the details, it says 'Change where apps are installed. This app must be installed on the system drive. 0x80073D21' Thing is, looking at System\Storage\Where new content is saved, I'm set to install apps on the system drive already. I tried setting a different location then setting it back but it's just not installing.

On a separate note, trying to upload a screenshot showing the above, in .png or .jpg, failed for me. I even shrunk the .jpg to only 237KB and no luck. It just says failed. Edit: Uploads are working again.

***Moved from Bing / Search / Unexpected search results***

|
Answer
Answer

Only workaround for now is uninstalling the app via settings > apps > installed apps by searching for 'Bing' and then reinstalling from the Microsoft store searching for 'web search'. That worked for me.

32 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 1,674 Applies to: