Web credential saved by an unknown app

Hi everyone,

I am new to this and before I start I wanted to thank all who are taking their time and sharing their knowledge.

Recently I purchased my first windows 8.1 laptop and I am loving it. The only problem there are few weird web credentials appeared under credential

manager that are saved by an unknown app. The machine works fine and I haven't had any problems with it, but since all my apps are Microsoft apps, and all

my credentials are identifiable, I was wondering if anyone could shed light on this weird credential. 

Website address: Ccp_Current_sharedsecret

User name: Command Channel

Unknown App (S-1-15-2-283......

There are actually two credential like this. The other is "Ccp_Updating_sharedsecret". Also, there is a Wallet pin credential which is saved by the

same unknown App (S-1...

I spent quite a bit of time searching the web but could not come up with anything.

Highly appreciate your input.

cheers,

Answer
Answer

Thanks for your response,

This doesn't seem to be a problem since I haven't had any issues with the pc. It is just a matter

of wanting to know what this app is and does.

I used the search bar and typed in apps info with no luck. However, on internet searches "Cissco" seem to

come up and I have Cissco peap, leap, etc preinstalled. These credentials appeared about a month ago and

that happened to be about the time that I ,for the first time, used the xbox music app and purchased few

songs. There is also a Wallet pin credential that seem to be saved by the same unknown app.

Thanks again community members, 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
It might belongs to some Apps which already been removed , you may delete them , if you see your other credentials and your Apps are working, there shouldn't be any problem by deleting it. Just after you delete them, open your Apps to check everything is working fine.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 23, 2024 Views 5,120 Applies to: