we couldn't find a fingerprint scanner

I have my own Lenovo 920 Yoga 13IKB ( equipment fingerprint scanner) but it said: '' We couldn't find a fingerprint scanner compitable with Windows Hello Fingerprints. So if you can do this. 

Hello KevincraftDapper,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I want to apologize if you encountered this issue. I understand you have a problem with fingerprint scanner not working. Did you made any changes recently? When was the last time it's working properly?

Please visit your manufacturer's Support Page. Download and install latest drivers for your fingerprint sensor.
https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/lap...

Press Start then search command prompt
Right click then run as administrator
type: msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic
Run the troubleshooter
Restart your PC

Open Device Manager
Expand Biometric Devices > Right click your fingerprint device
Click Update driver. select Search automatically for updated driver software
or Right click then Properties > Driver Tab > Roll back driver if not disabled
If it doesn't work, Click Uninstall device. Delete the driver software for this device check box, and then select Uninstall. Restart your PC.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

John DeV
Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 22, 2024 Views 557 Applies to: