We can't set up mobile hotspot.

I have been using Mobile hotspot in my Windows 10 as wifi spot at my home for quite some time now. Until recently (earlier this week), I couldn't use it anymore with the "We can't set up mobile hotspot" error message. Anyone had the same problem and know how to resolve? your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi George,

In order to diagnose the issue, we suggest that you try the following methods and check if the issue persists:

Method 1: Turn off Bluetooth on your device and then try setting up a Mobile hotspot again. You can quickly disable Bluetooth in the Action Center.

Method 2: Run the Network Adapter Troubleshooter. This troubleshooter is an automated tool which finds and fixes the common issues with the Network Adapter Settings on the computer. Kindly follow the steps below:

1. Click Start.  
  2. On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on Troubleshooting from the results. 
  3. Click on Network and Internet.
  4. Under Network, click on Network Adapter.

Method 3: Update your network and Wi-Fi drivers. To update, follow the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + X and click on Device manager.

2. Locate Network adapters and click on the arrow to expand it.

3. Right click on your network and Wi-Fi adapter, and click on Update Driver Software.

4. You can also find updated drivers on your computer manufacturer's website. If you need further assistance, we recommend that you contact your manufacturer.

Keep us updated with the results.

108 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Gino Des,

Thank you for your reply. Sorry for the late response, I've been busy recently that I didn't have time to solve this problem.

I have tried all of your 3 suggestions. Basically, my bluetooth has always been off and troubleshooting couldn't identify any problem. I have reinstalled my driver and now the same error message has disappeared. I could set up the mobile hotspot and have ticked the internet connection sharing under the ethernet properties.

However, when I tried to connect my iphone 7, i could see the hotspot but when i clicked on it, it shows "No internet connection". My iphone could connect to other wifi without any problem. Do you think this is windows problem? do you have some suggestions that i could do?

Thank you so much for your assistance. Greatly appreciate it!!

George

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi George,

To isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Are you using a personal internet connection or an office connection?
  • Have you tried connecting your iPhone directly to the WiFi?
  • Have you tried connecting other device to the mobile hotspot?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, kindly check the troubleshooting steps provided by FrancoSmit on this thread.

We look forward to your response.

Thank you.

18 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Its just restart your adapter divice.
go to divice manager and uninstall the adapter, for mine is "Realtek: RTL87....... Wi-Fi Adapter" and then click scan icon in the top for scan for hardware change. then the adapter  will appear again. done.

just config your network sharing in "Network and Sharing Center".

176 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 98,793 Applies to: