Want to play chess titans on Windows 8.

Original Title:

chess titans

i want to play chess titans but have windows 8 can i do it?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft Community!

So you want to play Chess Titans on Windows 8.

If you take a look in the Windows Store app, there are several Chess games available there.

You can go to your Start screen by either clicking in the bottom left hand corner or pressing the Windows key, and then go to the Windows Store app.

Once in the Store, you can then search for apps by pressing Windows key + C and click Search in the Charms bar, and search for Chess games from there.

Note: The games from Windows 7 are not available by default in Windows 8. Keep checking the Windows Store for available games.

You may want to click here "Apps in the Windows Store" it tells us about variety of great apps available for Windows 8

Hope it helps!
Please keep us posted if you face Windows issue in future. We would be happy to help!

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

why should people buy chess when it came with a version of Windows 7 that they also purchased?... and WHY was Chess titans (along with other games) deleted during Windows 7 to Windows 8 upgrade A.K.A. "Migration"

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

In the beginning I was very enthusiastic with the idea to get upgraded to Windows 8... But for me such an action would be like a downgrade... Losing my favourite games, Office start package, Mediaplayer with possibility for playing of DVD' s- this could not be a good choice for me. And what do we receive in return: maybe better speed, but stronger control from Microsoft, and ugly tiles.

I do not understand why do we lose in Windows 8 these applications that we have paid buying Windows 7.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I could not agree more, this has not been the best upgrade considering that in order to do anything that a computer is really meant for you have to revert back to the "desktop" to do anything and at that point your back in windows 7.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes there are plenty of chess games and such in there but the graphics are so horrible that I feel like I'm back in DOS. This has been a very big let down. I have stayed with Microsoft due to loyalty but if you guys are going to act like Apple and make it to where we have to get apps that are "FREE" as long as you don't mind advertisements constantly then I may as well go ahead and jump ship.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Windows 8 is different and I can get use to the differences, but I am very dis-satisfied with Windows 8 leaving out the old standard games. I am considering throwing away Windows 8 and going back to windows 7 and Office 2010 Office Outlook no long supports graphics of .gif files. This is no way pleasing, I spent a lot of money on the upgrades and I wish that I had stayed with the older versions.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I believe Microsoft had a plan with Windows 8; it was a strategic effort to capitalize on "No-Cost" apps from developers, while pursuing the growing market in gaming and graphics.  It was almost teasing us including all the extras that Windows7 offered then stripping it away in the efforts to save money and overcome competition.  It poses the real question with most of the comments here.  Will Microsoft's customer loyalty remain when there is another that's already taken the market share in graphics and games (Apple)?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft will remove all handy / easy to use items, then in a couple of years, re-introduce them with a fanfare. I got rid of my windows phone when it wouldn't sync with Outlook. It wanted me to use their cloud - oooooh!  Got an android Galaxy S3 LTE - synced up straight away, no problem. However, I must be a nutter, I've just upgraded my Windows 7 to 8, DOH! My other machines will NOT be getting the same treatment. 8 changed my log on to ***@Hotmail,co.uk, so I couldn't log onto my network storage drive until I changed back to my usual name, that was once I discovered what the problem was. Same old Windows new release issues, but the next upgrade will solve all the problems. 98SE where are you now?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

If you take a look in the Windows Store app, there are several Chess games available there.

You can go to your Start screen by either clicking in the bottom left hand corner or pressing the Windows key, and then go to the Windows Store app.

Once in the Store, you can then search for apps by pressing Windows key + C and click Search in the Charms bar, and search for Chess games from there.

Please keep us posted if you face Windows issue in future. We would be happy to help!

The issue with browsing through the Windows Store app is that presently, the games for Chess are REALLY BAD. It shouldn't be THAT difficult to make Chess Titans for Windows 8. One would think that if Microsoft were to change things around and remove features like the game in question, they would replace it for a better game rather than the games that are available.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

There are no chess games in Windows 8 APPS

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 13, 2024 Views 16,483 Applies to: