Wallpaper Backgrounds Blurry

I have a 1920x1080 laptop screen yet when I use pictures as my wallpaper with the same or even higher resolution (like 3840x2160) they come out blurry every single time. I have tried higher resolution pictures, using paint to make them into png pictures and looked on settings to make sure I have a normal display resolution. I'm really not sure what to do I have tried so many pictures, please help.

Hi Daniel,

Wallpaper background can be blurry if the picture file does not match the size of your screen.

For example, many home computer monitors are set at a size of 1280x1024 pixels (the number of dots that make up the image).  If you use a picture file smaller than this, it will be blurry when it is stretched out to fit the screen.

Set your desktop background to "Center" instead of "Stretch." Right-click the desktop, select "Personalize" and then click "Desktop Background." Select "Center" from the "Picture Position" drop-down. If your image is too small to fill your desktop and it is set to "Fill," Windows will stretch the image, causing blur.

Let us know the outcome.

68 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I think that the image size is the problem but every image I save off the internet (google or bing images) is the same size and I'm not sure how to fix this. When I set any picture to centre it always is way too small, can you please tell me how to save a larger picture.

44 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have now found the solution, I needed to view the image in a separate tab to save it, full screen, so that the image was large enough, rather than on the google images page. This made it large enough so that when it was displayed the computer didn't have to enlarge it and make it blurry.

Thank you for your reply but my problem is resolved now.

304 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated April 21, 2024 Views 54,238 Applies to: