W10 update stuck @ 100% complete

my computer automatically updated against my wishes and now after 3 hours it is still stuck at 100% working on features don't turn off your computer. I need help with this at the very basic level please.  all of the posts  I found have to do with settings once already in Windows but I cannot get into windows. 

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Hi,

To help fix this issue with Windows 10 update getting stuck at 100%, you can check Likhitha V's post on this link.

If you have other questions, don't hesitate to reach out.

Thank you.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

This does not answer the question asked.

Austin_947 said that he could not get to the Windows logon screen due to the problem update.

but the answer you linked to assumes that the account has successfully logged in.

A person here went into a meeting, with his non-domain Microsoft Surface Pro this morning and is in the same situation. The old Windows 7 solution was a forced power down and use safe mode.

The Windows 10 Surface Pro is just a paperweight and needs a huge windows 10 download on a second working computer, bootable USB and BIOS instructions to get working again.

It would be delightful if we could get a line of text or some indication of what's causing problems after 5-10 minutes stuck on the same bootup update screen. And not an error code alone that demands a second internet connected device to interpret as is the Windows 10 fashion. 

The current non-communicative state destroys the reliability of Windows 10. 

116 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi The Tuesday patch took me 2 and 1/2 hours . Lots of times it appeared stuck, but it would finally continue.. I'm afraid no one is home at Microsoft and no one is listening to us. I have tried my best, but at this time, I'm about ready to give up. Where are the Microsoft people that can fix these things. They don't seem to be hanging around here! It was a huge patch. I don't understand why MS waits so long and then has these giant patches. OH well!

34 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Gary,

The issue might occur because there might be corrupted or missing Windows Update components on your PC. Did you perform the suggestion of Likhitha V on this link?

We'll wait for your update.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Gary,

The issue might occur because there might be corrupted or missing Windows Update components on your PC. Did you perform the suggestion of Likhitha V on this link?

We'll wait for your update.

Hi! I had no problem with patch Tuesday other then it took 2 and 1/2 hours to complete. I have the cleanest meanest Toshiba Laptop in the universe. Thanks for your reply, but I have no idea what you are talking about. I sit and watched the update until it completed and immediately created a thread here on the forum about my experience with patch Tuesday. I'm fully aware of what's going on and I have no problems. I spend a lot of time here helping members with up date problems.

My update worked and I have no problems! I'm just trying to get the big dogs at MS involved in this and so far it's not working out!

Gary

15 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Marvin Bar, RhinaVib,

Reading Step 1 of Likhitha V's solution says.

"

1. Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Services and select the top most search result.

"

That cannot be carried out when windows 10 does not get to the logon screen, despite hours or an overnight of waiting, looking at a page that says nothing other than "Configuring Windows Updates 100% complete".

To do that we have to get to a login or recovery console or Safe mode.

I must use a bootable USB, and a lot of messing. Every time, for each affected device. 

Can I trust a Windows 10 Pro Laptop or Surface to be usable when it's needed? Primarily the fault of windows updates; No.

Windows 10 Enterprise is excessively complex for SMEs and the self employed to acquire and configure / group policy / WSUS / updates just to return to Windows 7 levels of reliability.

38 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi! Please check out these links created by Greg Carmack. I know a clean boot is APITA, but it seems that is some PC users best choice. Let me know how things go for you!

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-performance/windows-10-performance-and-install-integrity/75529fd4-fac7-4653-893a-dd8cd4b4db00

Clean Install Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

Here's a quote from one of the above links by Greg!

What we're seeing especially in Windows 10 is that "the install is everything" so if you want to invest in the very best install of all do the vastly superior Clean Install Windows 10 which has no issues reported at all while we have Upgrade and Factory install problems reported here every few minutes.  You will get and keep the best possible install to the exact extent you stick with the steps, tools and methods in the link. 

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Same thing just happened to me... I suggest a hard reset.  As in throw the PC hard onto the floor until it turns off and buy a new one. :)  But seriously, I was able to resolve it by doing a hard reset and it booted back up and finished.  I think it just got hung up trying to do to much, regardless restarting it by turning it off physically is not the best method but in reality its not that harmful as long as you check for errors and maintain the PC regularly.  Its not going to cease to work by disregarding the message to not turn it off.

52 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I had the same problem and it appears it was because I did not have a network connection.

As soon as I put cable with working internet, the box started after reboot.

12 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Did you NOT read what he just said? Just mindlessly respond to a keyword speed reading or something? Come on, people probably aren't as retarded as you think.

24 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 26, 2024 Views 103,888 Applies to: