VPN Before Logon

At our company, we have recently launched a remote sales office. We push all our windows updates through WSUS. We also have several device management tools that involve being connected to our corp network to use. We are looking for a tool, that would allow a user to connect to our VPN before logging in. The following information outlines our setup. 

-Windows 10 1809 clients

-Windows Server 2012 R2 Domain Controller

-WatchGuard firewall protecting the corporate network

Hey Tim,

I'm an Independent Advisor here to help.

Normally this would be an issue that Technet can solve (this forum is used mostly for consumer-related issues), but I can give it a shot.

You can use Local Group Policy to use scripts you can make en masse (this thread is for Windows 7, but Group Policy is on Windows 10 as well): https://community.cisco.com/t5/vpn-and-anyconne...

The general idea is there, however this method requires a bit of creativity. It can work if you have a working knowledge of batch scripting.

Let me know if you need help with this.

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi TimMo-1987

My name is Sarah Kong and I am an independent adviser that is here to try and help you with your issue.

Try the instructions below.
Should be what you are looking for.

https://blog.lan-tech.ca/2013/03/02/windows-8-c...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 4, 2022 Views 2,834 Applies to: