Volume slider not working on Windows 11

Hi, I'm having this problem in which the volume slider nor the hotkeys work on increasing or decreasing the volume. The visual slider works but the volume of the PC remains static. The only way to increase/decrease it is by altering the volume in the application i'm using (YouTube, Spotify, ecc). I've already tried restarting the service, windows explorer (found the same question from another user but trying the suggestions that were givven to him didn't work). Anyone knows how to fix this problem? Thanks!

If you have tried the usual fixes then as a temporary workaround use the old sound control panel volume control.

You may be able to type the word "sound" into the Start menu and pin it from there.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, I am an Independent Advisor.

Please hover your mouse to the sound icon at the lower right-hand corner then right click it and click Troubleshoot Sound. Let the troubleshooter finish until its done then this should either fix the problem or give us an error message.

If that didn't work, we need to remove the Audio driver from the Device Manager and restart the pc to reinstall it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Windows key+ X on Windows 10.
Step 2. Select Device Manager.
Step 3. Expand the entry Sound, Video and Game Controllers Right-click the problematic device it is either Realtek Audio, or AMD High-definition Audio or High-Definition Audio this varies on the audio device installed in your PC and select Uninstall device.
Step 4. You need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.
Step 5. Reboot the computer.

After the reboot, please see it the problem is fixed.

If that still would not work, please visit the support website of your laptop or desktop and then download and install the latest Audio driver then restart the PC.

20 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Please perform Windows update.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 17, 2024 Views 22,909 Applies to: