First of all whoever could fix this problem, I will be very thankful as I have done everything to fix the problem, but yet no success! This has been going on for 3 days and I googled every possible answer that was written.
Everything was working fine until 3 days ago! I have not removed/deleted any kind of program or software. All of a sudden I was unable to listen or hear any videos/music on youtube or facebook. I was unable to listen to a radio online. But meantime I was able to listen to my cd’s or mp3 songs on my hardrive. (so, internet based music was not coming thru)
So, what did I do so far?
1) I went to “start menu, control panel, sound and audio devices” and saw that the option "place volume icon in the taskbar" was grayed out!
2) Then I copied the “sndvol32.exe” into my computer (first I used my old computer, and since that did not work, I used the windows xp cd that came with the computer, I copied the sndvol32.exe once again to my pc, still it was useless)
3) Since nothing was, this time I went to start, run, entered “regedit” , clicked ok, found drivers32 registry folder, clicked on permission, removed all the permissions for driver32…and it was useless
4) So I went to “Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, “Sound
video and game controllers” and clicked on the “+” sign to see all subtitles. There was no question marks or error sign next to them…
5) As I lost my hope I turned off my pc and went to sleep, but the following day (yesterday) I turned the pc on, and I saw that I was ABLE to check the box in saying "place volume icon in the taskbar" because it was not grayed out anymore! ( I also noticed that “sounds and audio devices properties was named as “realtek HD Audio Manager” which came with the computer when I first bought it from DELL)
As I still could not see the volume icon (even though the box was checked in) I finally decided to “restore system” and went to the date 4 days ago.
System restored all the old setting, restarted itself, but the volume icon was still not there in the taskbar, but this time under the “sound and audio devices properties” the “place volume icon in the task bar” was grayed out again.
Currently –while I am writing this lines- I can still listen to my music which is in my hardrive, I can play cd’s , but I can’t hear anything on any radio station, can’t hear a video on youtube etc. Under the “sounds and audio deviced propterties” the place volume icon in the taskbar is still grayed out and no volume icon. I do can see the other icon which says realtek hd audio manager is hangining in there and it has never disappeared
If you could ever help me a little bit , or give any kind of advise, I will be thankful
Have a nice Day