virus scan using safe mode

Hi I cannot run a virus scan in safe mode, the computer cannot or will not start up windows, and when trying to use the recovery console being advised to use moderator, or administrator, can any one help i really need to fix this problem.
Answer
Answer

More information is needed to resolve your boot issue.  Do you get any error messages or codes?  What things have you tried?

FYI: Some scanners will not work in safe mode.

Hi  to Both of you who replied to this post, im so sorry to be sending this post, so late,

my problem began when i could not get the computer to log, on as it was, turning itself on and off continually.

My son then tried to find a solution and he found the console however after we got to the right page we eventually

got to the program's page after a reboot of the desktop, and did two scans one for spam and one for viruses

none was found except for a few spam records. sorry i cannot provide any codes, as this was not shown, or i was unable to

mark down the relevant information, the computer seemed to loose power but after we corrected the boot issue it ran perfectly, and the sound from the tower or fan is more stronger, i have had no other problems with the rebooting but the screen on monitor rolls and its not running at a great speed which im happy to say a new graphics card will solve this thanks for helping yours Oasts.   

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

More information is needed to resolve your boot issue.  Do you get any error messages or codes?  What things have you tried?

FYI: Some scanners will not work in safe mode.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated April 23, 2024 Views 1,932 Applies to: