Virus Notifications on Google Chrome

I kept receiving virus notifications from a site called, "beta-news.org". I clicked on some Captcha, which allowed the site to send me notifications. The notifications contained misspellings, and clearly seemed like a scam, trying to gain information about me. I disabled the notifications on Chrome, by find answers on Microsoft forums. However, I just want to make sure that I don't actually have a virus on my laptop. Can someone elaborate further and explain if this actually is a virus or not?

Answer
Answer
Good Day Rohan13,

My name is Carlo, I am also using Windows 10 pc and community member like you. Let us work together to sort this out.

That can be an adware, reset the Chrome browser, delete or disable all unknown extensions and perform a scan using Malware scanner to make sure that there are no malwares running in your system.

Here's the link as reference to Reset Chrome.

https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/329621...

Once done scan your computer using the free version of Malwarebytes scanner.

https://www.malwarebytes.com/mwb-download/thank...

Once downloaded and installed, open the apps and perform a scan.

Restart your computer once done and observe your device.

I hope the information above helps. Please let me know how it goes.
Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,
Carlo T.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
*This is a public forum and I do not work for Microsoft nor do I have access to any user accounts. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information.

10 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer

I kept receiving virus notifications from a site called, "beta-news.org". I clicked on some Captcha, which allowed the site to send me notifications. The notifications contained misspellings, and clearly seemed like a scam, trying to gain information about me. I disabled the notifications on Chrome, by find answers on Microsoft forums. However, I just want to make sure that I don't actually have a virus on my laptop. Can someone elaborate further and explain if this actually is a virus or not?

There are no virus in your Pc (I would like to appreciate you for finding that it is scam all people should be like you and there will be a mass reduce in scam)

It is just a spam notification by website to push their PUP

Please follow the steps given here

How to Clear Cache in Chrome on a Computer and Tablet [2021 Guide] (review42.com)

Thanks

7 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 15, 2024 Views 37,310 Applies to: