Virtumonde trojan removal

Have just recently installed Windows 7 and now have a virus Virtumonde.dll and other extensions of this. Have run Spybot, Malware, Adware, AVG. They all find it and so far SpyBot "says" it removed it ONLY if you run in administrator mode which takes 6 hours or more. Even then the next day it is up. Is there instructions specific for Windows 7 needed to remove this and it Microsoft aware of a specific weakness in Windows 7 for this threat (i.e. they know how the trojan is gaining access and has updates to fix it)?
I have read all the non-Windows forums. I am up to date with Windows updates and spyware updates. Thanks

Answer
Answer
This is not a Windows 7-specific issue. The malware is respawning and you're not getting at the root of it in your removal. Microsoft doesn't haven't anything to do with this, it isn't a particular "weakness" in Win7, and actually the Virtumonde trojan has been around for years. There are a lot of variations, too.

At this point you should get guided help from one of the specialty forums listed at the link below.

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#HJT-links

Choose one, register, read its posting FAQ, and post as they require.
MS-MVP - Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated January 1, 2019 Views 1,529 Applies to: