Videos are not playing on certain websites

Hello,

Since yesterday I've been unable to load some videos on some websites. You Tube works as does videos on Facebook. I have cleared the cache and cookies and under Device Manager have updated the driver on my Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620. Restarted as advised but still the issue persists. Not sure what else I can be doing.

Anthony

***Original title: Loading error retry on websites using Windows 10 after an update***

Answer
Answer

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with playing videos on some websites. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Which browser are you using to access the website?

2. Does this issue occur on a specific browser or all the browsers?

3. Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently?

4. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to which you weren’t facing this issue?

Refer the article Which version of Windows operating system am I running?

One of the things that you can try is updating the Flash Player and see if that helps. Refer the article Update Adobe Flash Player on Windows

If you are using Chrome and the videos are not playing then you can refer the article Fix videos & games that won't play

If you are using Firefox then you may want to refer the article Troubleshoot extensions, themes and hardware acceleration issues to solve common Firefox problems

In addition, you may want to refer the article Video playback issues

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 16, 2024 Views 6,322 Applies to: