Video Scheduler Internal Error (BSOD)

Hello,

Since updating to Windows 11 KB5010414 update, I have been facing BSOD with stop code VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR a few hours into using GPU compute (cuda) on WSL (Trying to train a ML model using pytorch). (I have a laptop with Intel Core i7 9750H and Nvidia RTX 2060). I've had this issue multiple times since yesterday after installing this update and Intel DCH driver 30.0.101.1340. To rule out the Intel driver, I installed the older version (on which I never had this issue) and there was no change. The last time I installed an Nvidia driver update was two weeks back, so even that can be ruled out, and it probably is the Windows update itself. To try and fix this, I disabled Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling from Windows 10 settings, and I did not encounter this issue again. Is this some new bug along with the update? I haven't tried switching it back on, since I have a lot of long tasks running, but I want to know if this is a known issue.

Thanks

Answer
Answer
Hi Hemanth

Your minidump file indicates that it is the device driver on your graphics card that is causing the system to crash

Lately, I have seen so many users getting the same BSOD's usually caused by the Nvidia drivers, not the Intel drivers, there does seem to be some sort of incompatibility with a recent Windows update.

You should completely remove the current graphics card device driver using the widely available free DDU utility, then restart your PC and go to the support page for your PC on the manufacturer's website to download and install their recommended version of the graphics card device driver.

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

32 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 19, 2024 Views 64,676 Applies to: