Video decoder for Windows Media Player in Windows 10

I am looking for a video decoder that will work with Windows Media Player in Windows 10. I have Power DVD 10 and VLC installed on my computer, but they both do not seem to be compatible with the Windows 10 version of WMP. Can someone please make some suggestions? Your help is appreciated.

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

1. What exact error message do you receive when you try to run Power DVD & VLC?

I suggest you to refer to the below given Microsoft article for Windows Media Player codec and check if it answers your query (applicable for Windows 10)

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/codecs-frequently-asked-questions#codecs-frequently-asked-questions=windows-8

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

I am looking for a video decoder that will work with Windows Media Player in Windows 10. I have Power DVD 10 and VLC installed on my computer, but they both do not seem to be compatible with the Windows 10 version of WMP. Can someone please make some suggestions? Your help is appreciated.
Me three !!!! I went from being able to watch DVDs to not at all ! How did it one day disappear ? I need a simple action to install a decoder.....HELP

14 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 4, 2024 Views 5,093 Applies to: