Verify Identity

I being asked to verify identity but when I try it states "the group or resource is not in the correct state to perform the requested operation"

Any idea what I should do?

Question Info

Last updated June 11, 2019 Views 69 Applies to:

Hi Steve,

Can you send a screenshot of the error, so I can take a closer look? If you are getting something like the below image, follow the instructions to rectify the issue:

RuntimeBroker.exe process is a background process available in Windows 10. It is responsible to confirm that all the Universal Windows Platform apps you’re currently using are declaring all their permissions. When either of these apps fail to declare permissions for your location access, account validation, etc., you’ll encounter the error message.

May I know the exact action you are trying to perform when you encountered the error? What do you mean by verifying your identity? Accounts are the first thing that is directly related to permissions. If you’ve recently made changes to your user account name, or its level, this error is expected. Hence, you’re supposed to restore user account changes so that Windows can restore connections with permissions. If you can’t restore these changes, simply create a new user account and this issue should be resolved.

Hoping to hear from you soon. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, Thank you so much for your valuable question please, I would suggest you to please see the below mentioned thread and see it if it helps. I am hopeful that your query will be resolved, If the issue persists kindly do let me know,waiting for your kind reply please. Please check the solution given by Srimadhwa B

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Please let me know, if that helps and feel free to ask back any question.

Kind Regards:
Yasir

Sorry this didn't help.

here is the screen shot

Sorry this didn't help.

It seems like you were not able to attach the screenshot. You can click on the Insert image icon as shown below to upload the image.

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Sorry this didn't help.