vcredist_x64.exe has to be repaired everytime I start or restart my computer

third party program is not working because Qtcore4.dll is missing from Microsoft program vcredist_x64.exe . This program is easily repaired but I have to repair the program everytime I start the computer. How do I make the repair permanent?

Depends on what third party program you are trying to install, the file you reference is part of Visual C++ redistributable, which would have been installed via MS Important updates

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry for the late reply Palcouk but I have been snowed under with emails; thanks for your response. The program causing the problem is MNalwarewbytes Antiexploit but they are working on it and hopefully they will find a solution

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

The issue with the third party product has been resolved but I am continuing to receive advice that  the .dll is missing each time I restart or login. The problem is easily repaired but I don't understand why the repair is not remaining after the initial repair has been completed

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

You may try to run System File Checker (SFC) to fix the issue with missing .dll files because, if a Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected. Run System File Checker (SFC) scan to fix any corrupt system files. To do this, follow the steps mentioned in the link below:

How to use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows on Windows 7

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

Hope this helps. Please feel free to write us back for further assistance.

Thank you

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Than error providedk you Shalini.

I followed your suggestion but System File Checker found nothing to repair.The two missing files are

InternetWrapper.exe  and the system error claimed is that file msvcr100.dll is missing. The other problem is VUAgent.exe where the claimed system error is that file msvcp100.dll is missing. I usually repair these errors by running vcredist_x64.exe but this repair only lasts until the next start. Today I uninstalled then reinstalled vcredit.x64.exe but the error messages continue. I would appreciated advice as to what my next steps should be..

Ishould also explain that I am battling an unwanted  pop-up which can't be traced or detectected by my security programs.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

I would need the event viewer logs to understand the issue better. Open the link and follow the instructions in to get the event logs so that we can see which application is faulty.

a) Select Windows Logs on the left side of the window.

b) You will see a number of sub-categories. Selecting any of these categories will bring up a series of event logs in the center of the screen.

c) Any entries listed as “Error”.

d) Double click any found errors to investigate.

e) Here you will be presented with any relevant information regarding your errors. Often this will simply display as error. However, other errors or warnings could provide clues to cause of the issue.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-information-appears-in-event-logs-Event-Viewer

Hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to write us back for further assistance.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi Shalini

I looked at the event viewer log files and there appear to be some relevant errors.. Please let me know what I need to do to get the log files to you.

Yours sincerely

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello,

Thank you for the quick reply.

You may try to take a screenshot of the Windows which you are talking about to help you better.

Also, look for the error message which has something related to vcredist_x64.exe.

Follow the link below to do the same.

How to include a screenshot in your post
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_other-windows_programs/how-to-include-a-screenshot-in-your-post/2594b08e-32a3-476a-85a6-b021181be7e4

Please right us back for further assistance and we will be glad to help you ahead.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated November 25, 2020 Views 1,320 Applies to: