VBS.autorun.worm.aadd!lnk and vbs.autoron.worm.aapp how can i remove this virus,and removal of short cuts in xternal drives

i am facing shortcuts in my xternal drive when ever i am connecting to my pc.i am using mecafee and the scan is showing no issues and in quarantied  items i am seeing VBS.autorun.worm.aadd!lnk and vbs.autoron.worm.aapp how can i 

Hi Prasanth,

Worm:VBS/Autorun is a worm that spreads by dropping copies of itself onto all available removable drives. It also modifies system security settings.

I would suggest you to follow these steps and check if it helps.

Perform a scan using Microsoft safety scanner and check if it is an infection that is causing this issue.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

Note: The Microsoft Safety Scanner expires 10 days after being downloaded. To rerun a scan with the latest anti-malware definitions, download and run the Microsoft Safety Scanner again.
Any data files that are infected may only be cleaned by deleting the file entirely, which means there is a potential for data loss.

Refer to the article:
How do I find and remove a virus?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/how-find-remove-virus

The task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Let us know if it helps.  If the issue persists, please reply, we will be happy to help you.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

I am having the same problem. I've downloaded the MS Safety scanner. It does not detect any infections on my computer. I've scanned with Windows Defender and AVG as well.

I've also disabled the auto-run option for all external drives, and I've searched for any strange autorun.inf files but found nothing. The virus appears to by non-existent.

When I plug my external drives into my work PC, it finds the viruses and deletes it from the drive. But back in this PC, it just goes and creates shortcuts of all my files again :-(

Do you have any other tips?

Thanks,
Candice

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated June 6, 2024 Views 3,077 Applies to: