Using Windows7 games on Windows 10

Hiya

I know I'm definitely behind in regards to upgrading to Microflacids Winblows 10,  I'm still using Win 7 on a desktop I built for Vista, for which I purchased the retail versions (Ultimate) for both OS's.

So before anyone get's on my back yes I am still using all of the hardware I bought back in 2010, with the exception of an Nvidia Graphics card and an SSD.

I actually built the desktop for Vista, it came and in the blink of an eye it was gone, I then eventually upgraded to 7.  Only because Blizzard Entertainment locked all Vista users out.  I know it's only a matter of time, before I begrudgingly hand over more money to Microflacid , it's not a cheap process of having to keep up with all of the OS's especially if you're like myself and trying to live off a Disability Pension.

My main concern with Winblows 10, is will it support things like Winblows 7 games, in particular Backgammon, which I downloaded from https://winaero.com/.

I also use Money Plus which after reading through of the Community posts doesn't appear to work in 10.

I am not a PC dummy, I am a self taught user / builder.  I'm not afraid to go into the Registry, and tweak or if necessary remove unwanted items.  But I am not a coder.  Not with since Win98, back when everything was in DOS, I worked for the Australian Customs Service and I don't remember now, how I did it, but I created a couple of programmes that were adopted by Customs.  Now I'm 54 suffering from old timers, amongst an other nastier Neurological condition.

Most of the hardware, the tower, ROM Drives, PSU, GPU, SSD, possibly the sound card I intend on keeping and just putting in a new mobo CPU and RAM.

It's the software  compatibility which is concerning me.

In no particular order

Cannon Printer

Sidesync (a Samsung app that allows me to use a full size keyboard, Samsung have much like Microflacid forced people to upgrade a perfectly good working mobile to a newer more expensive one)

The Windows 7 games

Money Plus 2009 

Windows Live Mail

Freecell

If anyone can tell me what will still work, what I may have to tweak to work, and flat out what will not work, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Susan

lol You get a whole lot of choices NOT as to where to post, my apologies if I have posted in the incorrect forum

Was this discussion helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this discussion?

Thanks for your feedback.

Im trying to play creative destruction on my computer dang!!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Um trying to play creative destruction now stop asking me for my freaking reply

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Creative destruction

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 1, 2020 Views 143 Applies to: