Using Windows Media Player 11 with laptop and projector

I've just recently completed updating my laptop after a complete OS re-install and updates over 2 weeks.

I want to be able to play a video using windows media player through a projector.  Last time I did this (before this whole saga happened), I was able to play the video on the projector in full-screen mode, and still have the media player controls on the laptop display.

The problem is - I've forgotten how to do it.

I've managed to connect and drive the projector OK, so there's no problem there.  I just can't remember how to organise media player to operate in full-screen on the projector with the controls on the laptop.

My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6129tx with Nvidia Geforce Go 7400 video card.

Can anyone help?

Answer
Answer

I've just recently completed updating my laptop after a complete OS re-install and updates over 2 weeks.

I want to be able to play a video using windows media player through a projector.  Last time I did this (before this whole saga happened), I was able to play the video on the projector in full-screen mode, and still have the media player controls on the laptop display.

The problem is - I've forgotten how to do it.

I've managed to connect and drive the projector OK, so there's no problem there.  I just can't remember how to organise media player to operate in full-screen on the projector with the controls on the laptop.

My laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6129tx with Nvidia Geforce Go 7400 video card.

Can anyone help?

I found out how to do it - simply move the Windows Player (mostly) over to the projector screen and press ALT-Enter to enter into full-screen mode.  Then drag the Windows Media player back onto the laptop screen.  This way you  have the controls at your fingertips, and the presentation in full-screen on the projector.

4 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated December 16, 2022 Views 4,058 Applies to: