USB ports and High Definition Audio Contoller are not working

I having serious troubles with my Toshiba L505D laptop.  I have to recover the hard drive because every time I started up the system it would freeze upon booting; after sweeping the hard drive and installing Window 7, the problem still existed.  I took it to a computer person and he stated not only does my HD Audio Contoller not working, but all the USB port are not working either.   Tried to update the driver, but the system is not recognizing them.  Is it possible to fix the problem without replacing the motherboard, that was suggested to me?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

check this out I was having the same issue with My computer.. this is what i found after some research and taking my laptop apart.. there is a capacitor that is either not soldered down correctly happens because of the heat in the laptop and/or the location under the palm rest it's making contact with part or the palm rest the is rubbing the capacitor and breaking it free, no one seems to know the answer.. in my case there were 2 capacitors #L4519 that were completely gone you could see the solder points  if you take the keyboard out and remove the palm rest look at the led's it's above the 2'nd or 3'rd led on the board about 2 inches up.. i tried to solder in a new capacitor from another laptop i got the usb's to show up but they wouldn't install the drivers for them I'm guessing the small one has something to do with that, but i didn't have one that size and have no idea how i would solder it..

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

The registry file you provide appears to be for the entire registry.

But just looking for the one portion.

Can you  open regedit and go to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}

Right-click on {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000} and select "Export" and save as a .reg file

Then provide that reg file via Windows Live SkyDrive.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated March 15, 2021 Views 1,337 Applies to: