USB Port not working Windows 8.1

Hello guys,

I have a HP Envy 15 3040nr with windows 8.1. Yesterday my usb ports where working perfectly with no problem. and today i tried using my external mouse on my laptop and nothing. i tried connecting my iphone and nothing . it charges but its not recognized.

Here is a screen shot of my Device Manger

Please some one help me, i tried everything from older post i found on here but nothing has worked.

thanks so much  i hope these pictures help 

Answer
Answer

Hi,

When you uninstall the USB drivers from the Device Manager and restart the computer, automatically the default USB drivers are loaded. This should help you.

If the issue persists, then you may  perform a system restore to a previous date and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the section “To restore your PC to an earlier point in time” from this article.

How to restore, refresh, or reset your PC: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/restore-refresh-reset-pc

Important: System Restore will not revert any of the non-system files like documents, email, music, etc. to a previous state. These types files are completely unaffected by System Restore. If your intention with this tool was to recover a deleted non-system file, try using a file recovery program instead of System Restore.

Reply with the status of the issue and we will be glad to offer our assistance.

6 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 10, 2023 Views 4,550 Applies to: