USB Audio device not controlled by windows volume

Hi,

My Windows volume controls aren't working when using a USB headset, but are when using a Bluetooth speaker. I have Turtle Beach Stealth 450's (A USB wireless 7.1 headphones which have a on-board volume rocker. This is the only way I can adjust the output volume to the headphones (other thank setting each applications volume level in the mixer.

I'm wanting the Windows master volume control to act as the master, allowing me to control the output volume using hot keys or dedicated volume control on my keyboard (all of which work fine with Bluetooth speakers) with my USB headphones. The Audio output level remains the same whether the windows audio slider is at 100% or 1% (moving to 0% mutes the PC).

The Headphones as set as my default playback device.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Ash

Hi there! I'm Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.
I recommend running the troubleshooter with the headphones connected. This tool is designed to check for any misconfiguration on your drivers and repair them for you.

In the search box on the taskbar,
- Type audio troubleshooter, select Fix and find problems with playing sound from the results, then select Next.
- Select the device you want to troubleshoot and then continue through the troubleshooter.

You can also launch the troubleshooter from audio Settings.
Select Start > Settings > System > Sound > Troubleshoot.

Should the issue continue, you can refer to this support article for further troubleshooting. The link has steps on how to troubleshoot sound issues in Windows 10.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/452028...
https://windowsreport.com/windows-10-no-sound/

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products often classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,
Louie

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 11, 2024 Views 3,008 Applies to: