USB ASMedia Root Hub Driver Not Working

The driver "USB\ASMEDIAROOT_HUB\5&2E621010&0&0" is not working. It is labelled under 'other devices' as an unknown device. It used to be called "AsMedia USB ROOT HUB" but since trying to uninstall and reinstall it has made the situation worse.

Issuse: Every now and again the computer boots up but no signal is sent to the monitors. checking myself i know it is not a fault with the monitors but with the boot up process.

I have tried to find the driver manually online and downloaded it but every time i try to manually install it the process fails.

Any help? This issues basically gives my computer a roulette wheel of will it start up or wont it?

IT makes the issue worse because sometimes even if it does start then theres a chance it locks up and freezes needing a hard restart after 15 minutes on average.

Please help. im at my wits end.

Hello Tony.
I'm Daniel, an independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I would suggest you to re-install USB Bus controllers from Device Manager and check.

Uninstall and reinstall USB driver

Uninstall the driver from Device Manager and scan for new hardware to install the driver again.

Here is how:

First, please disconnect all USB devices and then perform the following steps:

A. Click "Start" button, type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotation marks) in the “Search” bar and press "Enter". Click “Continue” if necessary.

B. In Device Manager, double click to expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers", right click on the Host Controller, click "Uninstall" and click "OK".

C. Repeat the step 2 to uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".

D. Then, restart your computer and Windows 10 will reinstall all USB controllers automatically

This will help us and others to see that we have the answers!

Good luck.
Best Regards,
Daniel.
Have a happy day
Best regards,
Daniel.

35 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated May 18, 2024 Views 34,397 Applies to: