Upgrading to Windows 11

I've a question on upgrading to Windows 11. I have done a PC Health Check and all other things are in perfect order except for my processor. It says my processor isn't supported. My processor is an Intel Core i5-6300 CPU @2.40GHz. Does it mean that I have to look for another processor or there are still some adjustments to be made on the requirements for windows 11 that will eventually make our machines illegible.

Answer
Answer

Windows 11 needs Intel 8th Gen and above processors (and some 7th Gen).

Microsoft had tested the processors for Windows 11, and probably, they didn't get good performance from your one.

There is an official way to bypass the CPU requirements, but I don't recommend doing that as you may face lags and some crashes.

But if you accept the risks, read this:

Ways to install Windows 11 - Microsoft Support

However, we recommend to stay with Windows 10.

Windows 10 is supported until October 2025. Hence, you will receive full updates for Windows 10 for the next 4 years.

2 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer
Answer
Good Day LeoneManyau.,

My name is Carlo, I am also using Windows 11 pc and community member like you.

The minimum requirements for Windows 11 is at least 8th Gen processors. The processor you are using which is Intel Core i5-6300 is a 6th Gen Processor.

Here's the list of Intel supported processor for Windows 11.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardwa...

You can stay in Windows 10 it is still supported until year 2025, by that time you will have a new computer already.

However if you want to update your device to Windows 11, you can reach out to your computer manufacturer and have them check what is the compatible processor for processor replacement to update to Windows 11.

This is a community forum, I don't work for Microsoft , I am a community member like you.

Have a wonderful day ahead and stay safe.

Sincerely,
Carlo T.
*This is a public forum and I do not work for Microsoft nor do I have access to any user accounts. To protect your privacy, do not post any personal information.

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Question Info

Last updated October 23, 2022 Views 431 Applies to: