upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit

So I wasn't paying attention to much about my computers processor, I assumed it was old and could only run 32 bit programs and os. I was wrong its it suppose to be running 64 bit. My question is that I already installed 32 bit windows 10 and I want to find the easiest way and legal way to upgrade it to the 64 bit. If anyone has a easy solution, it would be really appreciated. Cause I know how to do it one way but its a slow process and if it doesn't work im gonna be outta of a computer. thank you..
Hi James

The good news is, your licence covers both the 32bit and 64bit versions of Windows

The bad news is there is no easy way to move between the two versions of Windows 10, the only way to do that is to backup your data and to clean install Windows 10 . . .

You can reinstall Windows 10 at any time and it will not cost you anything !

Since you previously had Windows 10 installed and activated on that PC during the installation process skip the steps which ask for a product key and select the option 'I am Reinstalling Windows 10 on this PC', and activation will not be an issue, your PC will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers

Make sure you install the same Edition of Windows 10 (Home, Pro . . . etc.) you previously had installed to avoid Activation issues

Click this link:
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...
to download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can download the latest Windows 10 ISO (Select Create Installation Media for Another PC), you can create a bootable USB flash drive (min 8GB) using that tool

Then, Boot your PC from the Installation Media you just created (change Boot Order in your BIOS) to begin installing Windows 10

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

so I have one more question maybe 2. so I downloaded the media creation tool I used a usb drive had windows 10 64 bit put on it. so I tried to run it already and I let it run for awhile it rebooted 3 times and still nothing so. my question is did it not run the install because I couldn't get into my bios and change the boot order. cause for some reason my computers boot order is that it boots cd, cd, then usb. ive tried everything to get to my bios and I cant. the only way is to open up my computer and install or remove something then it gives me a chance. ive tried every f1 key all the way to f 12 even the esc wont stop it from loading windows, with the usb plugged in it will go to the windows symbol and just stay there.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi James

What s the Mke and exact Model No. of your PC - that will be printed on a sticker on the bottom casing

Generally to boot into BIOS, it is F2 or Fn + F2

Sometimes, it is the F10 or Fn + F10 keys and also it can be the Del (Delete) key . . .

Power to the Developer!

MSI GV72 - 17.3", i7-8750H (Hex Core), 32GB DDR4, 4GB GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 256GB NVMe M2, 2TB HDD

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

im gonna go to sleep and try it in the morning ill let you know if i ever get it open. thank you ill be back on in awhile .

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Okay James, I will be here if you need me . ..

Power to the Developer!

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi

Here s full guide how to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit 

you need to install Windows from the scratch 

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-upgrade-32-bit-64-bit-version-windows-10

Good Luck
If the Reply fixed your issue, Mark it as answered ✔ or helpful ℹ️ so others get benefit of it
Regard
Sam

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated February 6, 2024 Views 1,429 Applies to: