Updating to Windows 10 Version 2004/Conexant Drivers

So what do people with computers with Conexant drivers do? Windows Update says update drivers but there are none acceptable, it also says Microsoft is working on a fix ? So what do we do? If there are compatible drivers for devices using Conexant Audio where are they, how do we get them and install or replace them (I have tried everything to no avail). When does MS expect a fix ? Are persons with Conexant audio drivers computers at end of life ? Does anybody care ?

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

In September I removed the Conexant driver ver 8.66.95.69 from my ASUS VIVO K510U laptop. Blocked the Conexant driver re-install using registry edits. The very next day Windows offered 2004 update. Last week I also got the 20H2 update.

Only today, Windows offered me the ver 8.66.95.70 update for the Conexant driver. So I removed the registry block and installed it assuming Microsoft has solved the issues.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Finally it seems they have fixed the Conexant driver.

Today I am offered the updated Conexant driver v 8.66.95.70

Prior to this I had ver 8.66.95.69 and Windows update was not available.
So maybe all those who didn't know how to block or remove the Conexant driver can see if their laptops also get the driver update and subsequently Windows May and October updates as well.

Goodluck

I have an Asus K501 laptop and it's still not available to me unfortunately. I've given up trying to get it using the workarounds suggested in earlier posts and I will continue to wait, "patiently" for an update for my system. Come on Microsoft get a move on!

I've checked the MS update catalogue for this driver update (Conexant driver v 8.66.95.70) and I fail to find it.

If it is available to download with windows update, why am I not being offered the update?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

wait. just to be clear, this is the version i got upgraded to AFTER installing 2004.

First i installed the lenovo drivers (please browse back this thread for detailed how to's) and THEN when it restarted and finished installation, i got this one.

so once again, do this:

1. Roll back with the Lenovo driver (see instructions in earlier post), you need this one  r09aa24w.exe

2. Download the windows assistant and force 2004

3. Once it restarts then you will get 8.66.95.69

4. That's it, i even got the H2 update afterwards

I've checked the MS update catalogue for this driver update (Conexant driver v 8.66.95.70) and I fail to find it.

If it is available to download with windows update, why am I not being offered the update?

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

wait. just to be clear, this is the version i got upgraded to AFTER installing 2004.

First i installed the lenovo drivers (please browse back this thread for detailed how to's) and THEN when it restarted and finished installation, i got this one.

so once again, do this:

1. Roll back with the Lenovo driver (see instructions in earlier post), you need this one  r09aa24w.exe

2. Download the windows assistant and force 2004

3. Once it restarts then you will get 8.66.95.69

4. That's it, i even got the H2 update afterwards

Maybe it depends on device specific OEM and hardware.

Mine is a ASUS vivobook S510UA. I just checked with ASUS driver update catalog and they still don't offer this driver version. It seems thia update is only offered by MS Windows Update. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Don't wait go force the installation of 20H2 . download  mediacreationtool20H2.  make an iso file , then extract the iso file in place then access the installation folder then click on the setup installation and keep files and apps then follow the process.  If extract does not appear in your mouse menu download 7zip (https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1900-x64.exe) and install it >right click on the iso  then go to 7zip>click on extract to

Leave a feedback

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Don't wait go force the installation of 20H2 . download  mediacreationtool20H2.  make an iso file , then extract the iso file in place then access the installation folder then click on the setup installation and keep files and apps then follow the process.  If extract does not appear in your mouse menu download 7zip (https://www.7-zip.org/a/7z1900-x64.exe) and install it >right click on the iso  then go to 7zip>click on extract to

Leave a feedback

I tried both the media craetion tool and upgrade assistant from microsoft. Both didnt worked for me. The installation failed because of incompatibility (the driver incompatibility).

Then I went for the "Conexant Driver replacement with microsoft default driver" and blocked force driver update by windows update through Windows Registry. Eventually I got what I wanted, 2004 version upgrade by windows update. But that was last month.

Last week I got the 20H2 update also. 

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

Leave a feedback

I tried both the media craetion tool and upgrade assistant from microsoft. Both didnt worked for me. The installation failed because of incompatibility (the driver incompatibility).

Then I went for the "Conexant Driver replacement with microsoft default driver" and blocked force driver update by windows update through Windows Registry. Eventually I got what I wanted, 2004 version upgrade by windows update. But that was last month.

Last week I got the 20H2 update also. 

I also tried to update using the update assistant installer and windows 20H2  ISO method, neither of them worked for me either and the installation failed. I don't have the know how to block the driver uninstall and block method. So I will be forced to wait for a driver upday from Microsoft.

I'm trying to update an Asus K501UX, which is quite a high spec laptop, you would think the driver that windows gave you would be on the windows catalogue if it worked for another Asus machine!!

1 person found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi all! I've tried manually to update to the 8.66.95.70 Conexant driver on my ASUS GL552VX laptop and it seems to work everything alright. At first Microsoft didn't offer me to update so I decided to force the update with the Update Assistant. If something comes upon, I will update this post.

Note that this is device specific and not all laptops might have the same good news, so follow it on your own risk.  

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I also tried to update using the update assistant installer and windows 20H2  ISO method, neither of them worked for me either and the installation failed. I don't have the know how to block the driver uninstall and block method. So I will be forced to wait for a driver upday from Microsoft.

I'm trying to update an Asus K501UX, which is quite a high spec laptop, you would think the driver that windows gave you would be on the windows catalogue if it worked for another Asus machine!!

I did search for the "Conexant Media 8.66.95.70" driver on Windows update catalog but couldn't find anything there. 

Then I googled and found a site that says it has the driver with the matching driver version 8.66.95.70 (dated 16 October 2020). Although any driver downloaded from a third-party site is not recommended, but I downloaded and installed it.

Surprisingly the Windows driver update section is no longer offering me this driver update.

This means It was indeed the one that I was offered before. To be sure I looked at my device manager section and I was right. It was indeed version 8.66.95.70 that got installed.

Now If anyone wants to try this that would have to do it at their own risk. I can't and do not recommend anyone to go and install any driver from a third-party website. But if you want here are the facts. 

The link to the driver download page: https://www.drvhub.net/devices/sound-cards/synaptics/smartaudio-hd-1

also, see that RED ARROW that I have placed beside the Hardware ID names. Mine matched with the specified ones. You should match yours as well before trying it out. That way I think you'll have more chances of being successful. 

How to find your Device Specific Hardware ID: just go to this "Details tab" and choose "Hardware ID" from the dropdown list.

Look for the "Underlined serial". Only this part varies from device to device. The rest of the ones are all same.

After download follow this guide to update the drive: 

First, download the driver .zip file from the link above. 

Use the "Download Driver" option, not the Big Greenish button that says "Install Driver" option because they will try to install their own software to install the driver. So don't use the "Install Driver" option".

Then extract the content of the .zip file in a separate folder. (You will need WinRar for this purpose). Next, follow these steps.

1. Click the Update Driver.

2. Click the Browse my computer for driver software option.

3. Select the main folder with the downloaded driver content you have extracted earlier
Don't forget to check the Include subfolders option.

4. Click the Next.

Windows will search the folder and will install the drivers. After installation, you will be told to Restart. and then it's done. 

3 people found this reply helpful

·

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

I just got around the block on my lenovo ideapad (circa 2017) by uninstalling the conexant driver then installing the microsoft drivers. I waited a few days to see if windows update would offer the version update from the last 2019 one) with no luck. I did not have a problem with the conexant drivers being reinstalled after several reboots during that wait so I went ahead and used the update  assistant and successfully updated to 2009 skipping  2004. Conexant drivers were reinstalled bu the update but after several windows updates and reboots I have no system problems and the audio works fine.

Was this reply helpful?

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated May 9, 2021 Views 28,599 Applies to: