Updating my Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.18342.8 (19h1_release)

Whenever I try to update my PC to Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.18342.8 (19h1_release) it keeps stuck at 0% or Pending Install or Failed to Install.

My current PC Insider version is not allowing me to load Microsoft store "WSReset" didn't work either.

Latest HP Display Driver is not supported with Insider Build which is causing Green Screen with an error code.

Please Fix Update Issue in Setting > Update > Windows Update > Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.18342.8 (19h1_release).

Sorry, can't use Feedback Hub it keeps loading and closes.

Desktop Version 1809

OS Build 18290.1000

Have a nice day!

|
Hi Zain

This might be a bug. I would also recommend you file a bug report; send me the short link so I can vote on it and bring it to the attention of the Windows engineers.

https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/54-how-to-su...

Another option you can try is block the update and wait until the next build is released to see if that installs.

or

Before carrying out this procedure, disconnect from the Internet. That means turning off Wi-Fi and disconnecting from a wired connection. If you don't, Windows 10 will indicate some files are in use and cannot be modified or the command will be non-responsive. Also, you should restart your computer after disconnecting from the Internet. The easiest way to do it is to enable Airplane mode from the Action Center - Windows key + A.

Open Start, type: CMD
Right click CMD
Click Run as administrator

Type each of the following then hit Enter

taskkill /f /fi "SERVICES eq wuauserv" (Do this multiple times)
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
rmdir C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStore
rmdir C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download

When complete, hit Enter, then restart, then try updating again.

If that does not work..

1. Open Start, type: CMD
Right click CMD
Click Run as administrator

Type each of the following then hit Enter

Run these codes:
Net Stop bits
Net Stop wuauserv
Net Stop appidsvc
Net Stop cryptsvc
Ren %systemroot%\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak
Ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak
Net Start bits
Net Start wuauserv
Net Start appidsvc
Net Start cryptsvc
After running these commands, check if your issue is fixed.

Try this additional tips to see if they work:

Troubleshoot Windows Update Problems in Windows 10 Using These Five Tips

https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/23-troublesh...

Information in the above link is sourced from a trusted Microsoft MVP blog.
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa
Independent Advisor for Directly

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for your feedback.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

Thanks for your feedback.

Whenever I try to update my PC to Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.18342.8 (19h1_release) it keeps stuck at 0% or Pending Install or Failed to Install.

My current PC Insider version is not allowing me to load Microsoft store "WSReset" didn't work either.

Latest HP Display Driver is not supported with Insider Build which is causing Green Screen with an error code.

Please Fix Update Issue in Setting > Update > Windows Update > Windows 10 Insider Preview 10.0.18342.8 (19h1_release).

Desktop Version 1809

OS Build 18290.1000

Have a nice day!

Hi, this is what I did...
This happened to me 3 different times... ON the fourth (4th) time I first turned off windows defender, then redownloaded and installed and it all worked great.  I turned windows defender back on after reboot and all is well.  I now have 18342.8 installed....

1 person found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

I installed 18342.8 but it has font rendering problem for me. The OpenType variant font format does not work, normal desktop apps sometimes appear without texts, and slower performance. I don't want to upgrade just to provide screenshots (but I can reproduce it so you can easily see that).

(Sometimes the texts randomly appear, after 3 minutes they fully appeared. Installed fonts (esp. OpenType) still have problem rendering, causing the programs that use them not responding).

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Desktop Version 1809

OS Build 18290.1000

Have a nice day!

Hi, this is what I did...
This happened to me 3 different times... ON the fourth (4th) time I first turned off windows defender, then redownloaded and installed and it all worked great.  I turned windows defender back on after reboot and all is well.  I now have 18342.8 installed....

Hi. On the Feature Updates to Preview 10.0.18342.8 release I made 3 unsuccessful attempts (on 3/1) before turning off my anti-virus intercept and then getting a successful install. For that release, anyway, that seems to be the solution.

Today (3/8) I was offered KB4491166, which is labeled Quality Updates to "Windows 10 Version Next (10.0.18342.8). The install status remained at 0% for 1/2 hour (I have an old computer) and then jumped to 11%. It then proceeded at a reasonable pace to about 30% and then jumped to 100% with no reboot required. It was Successfully installed. I did not need to turn off my anti-virus intercept this time.

Perhaps your attempted install was not "stuck" at 0%. Perhaps if you wait long enough it will eventually pick up the install at 11%, as mine did. Good luck!

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank-you! I turned off my firewall and the install was successful!

2 people found this reply helpful

Was this reply helpful?

Yes
No

Sorry this didn't help.

Question Info

Last updated June 8, 2019 Views 1,812 Applies to: